Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tick/metal Noise When Braking

CorollaD4D

my car makes a tick noise when i release the pedal after braking, it happened to my friends pug 206 and it was his anti-roll bars or anti-roll links or something, is it likely its the same problem with my car? my car has 90K on the clock so i understand bits of suspension/bushings etc will start to need replacement...is this the first thing to go?

first thing to check is your wheel nuts.

if its not that, i would disconnect the anti roll bar link and see if it still does it.

It is better if its the link bushings rather than the ones in the car, if its the ones on the subframe - they are a ballache to change.

oopsie, silly me..wheel nuts didnt even cross my mind! do you think its worth just buying every bush/link pin/non major suspension linking arm/structure and having them all replaced in one shot or is this expensive and unnecsarry work? i just dont want to be back at the mechanics every 1/2 weeks having a different minor suspension components replaced....

i would disconnect the roll bar first and drive along, do a few rapid stops. if its still creaking then it might be the wishbone bushes, altough these are not known for going on toyotas.

if the clicking stops it will be one of the bushes on the anti roll bar assembly. The ones on the links are easy enough to do and can be done with the car on the ground and two spanners, so i would change these - but buy toyota original parts. The pattern parts don't fit as well. If its the ones on the subframe then its a job for a mechanic unless but this really depends on how mechanically minded you are! If it was me, I'd have a go.

im not shy of having a go on my own car...have done service and other bits and bobs before.

omg, you and my dad know too much about cars lol, when i told my dad about the noise he said same as you - how have you managed to do that, bushes are difficult to knacker on toyotas! i definately buy original parts, only non original bits on mine are the glow plugs (ngk are better) and when i get round to doing the discs/pads they will most likely be aftermarket bits.

right thats tomorrow morning booked up, then 1pm at kwik fit for air con recharge and system debug £70 :D

incidentally which brake pads/discs would you recommend? i'm thinking along lines of tarox sport discs (drilled and grooved) with ebc red stuff for the front and original toyota discs/pads on the back...will this result in horrible imbalance in braking system or will i be ok with this setup?

thanks, i'll be posting and looking into brake setups when the time is closer. thanks for your help with the anti roll links etc its much appreciated :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links