Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time For Rear Brake Change

CorollaD4D

hi all. i know there have been loads of brake discussions but after having looked around none that i found fitted my purpose. my rear brake discs and pads are shot and i need a new combination. i would like improvement over oem braking (later stage intend on upgrading front too) however the brake squeek/squeal really drives me nuts so if possible are there any combinations of disc and pad which would not squeak? also last point is although i dont mind paying for improved performance i really wouldnt like to break the bank with this upgrade.

all/any suggestions and/or advice is most welcome and appreciated...

If you want to avoid brake squeal then stay away from tough pads such as EBC redstuff's, Ferodo DS1000's or any other track/race pad because they only stop it when they get really hot.

I'd go for Mintex pads, I say this only from the information that I have gathered from here so far....

I agree with KP blink.gif

I have Mintex pads all round and ebay's finest drilled, grooved discs... no squeek's or squeel's... unitl you hit the wear warning of course! :lol:

I've recently had to change my front pads as one of them had broken eek.gif although they have been on my car over 2 years! laugh.gif

• Like 1

thanks for the input so far guys. any chance of a link to 'ebays finest' since i hear this phrase thrown around a lot but i dont actually know which ones they are hehe!

and re the mintex - any particular model/range of brake pad youre using or any mintex will do? up until i read your reply i had always thought mintex was cheaper/lesser than oem toyota discs/pads?

Has anyone tried EBC green stuff on a 1.4 e12 fl?

which is would be better ebc or mintex?

ive just fitted them discs and pads and im well chuffed,, as recomended by norf

leebo am i correct in thinking those are the eBay discs and you went for mintex pads? im thinking about going for this combination all round...i hope to god they dont squeak! any more info or insight you can provide is most welcome...

Sorry to put a dampner on this but my mintex pads and discs up front squeak badly at some points the rears are great but unsure on whats making them squeak up front!!!

leebo am i correct in thinking those are the ebay discs and you went for mintex pads? im thinking about going for this combination all round...i hope to god they dont squeak! any more info or insight you can provide is most welcome...

yeah from Corolla T-Sport DRILLED GROOVED BRAKE DISCS Front Rear on eBay even a novice like me found them easy to install along with a trusty can of copper ease. no squeeks so far but i have only done 50ish miles so far, but over all the stopping distance is improved. so later braking into your favorate corners :thumbsup:

I have Mintex pads all round and ebay's finest drilled, grooved discs... no squeek's or squeel's... unitl you hit the wear warning of course! :lol:

I've recently had to change my front pads as one of them had broken eek.gif although they have been on my car over 2 years! laugh.gif

How things change! :P

Someone has to.... shutup.gif

rather than buying from eBay i think im going to ring the company up because i have a d3d not a t sport. bridges it could be to do with how the front pads were installed. did they/you put copper grease on the back of the pad as well as the top and bottom (the little 'fins') which are on the brake pad?

I have found these on eBay, not sure how they are, but im im to be ordering them in a months time.

I shall let you know when i get them.

Clicky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links