Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help Car Judders On Braking

Ivor

Have had the car for a few weeks but still get vibration like juddering when braking in steering wheel and pedal, was told when i bought it that it would clear in a few weeks, have noticed from the paperwork that the car had been standing since January, is it just a case replacing the pads and disc's, Thanks Ivor

Sounds like the brake discs may be distorted if you can feel it through the pedal and the steering wheel.New discs and pads would be the only answer and always fit replacements to both sides :thumbsup:

same as above and make sure you bed in the new discs and pads as gently as possible to avoid warping/damaging the new set.

Sounds like the brake discs may be distorted if you can feel it through the pedal and the steering wheel.New discs and pads would be the only answer and always fit replacements to both sides :thumbsup:

same as above and make sure you bed in the new discs and pads as gently as possible to avoid warping/damaging the new set.

Thanks will get them in the week, have down loaded work sheets from nrgizerbunny.com on how to change front and back brakes, the front seem striate forward, but bit worried about the backs :(

nrgizerbunnys guides are for a t sport, from your profile your car is the previous e11 shape so the method may not be exactly the same although it will be similar. brakes are a vital part of your car and i would say if you are unsure of how to do the job properly have a duly qualified person/mechanic change them for you.

Have had the car for a few weeks but still get vibration like juddering when braking in steering wheel and pedal, was told when i bought it that it would clear in a few weeks, have noticed from the paperwork that the car had been standing since January, is it just a case replacing the pads and disc's, Thanks Ivor

How harsh are you breaking when you feel the juddering???? If its emergency type braking, what your getting is most likley the abs kicking in

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys had it done a couple of weeks ago by a friend of a friend, turns out it was the front discs he replaced them for me the pads were ok, have had trouble with the front wiper linkage it was broken at the motor end he managed to drill a hole for me and put a pin in so it could not come off, i put it on now its broken of in the centre, to buy the linkage at a Toyota dealer it cost £104 pounds does anyone know where i can get the linkage cheaper, Thanks Ivor

get the linkage from the scrap yard.

regarding the front discs you changed - it is always best to replace the pads along with the disc rather than keep the old pads. from your post i was unsure if you did this or not?

e.g ive just changed my rear discs and pads even though the previous pads were more or less new but i still changed them...

get the linkage from the scrap yard.

regarding the front discs you changed - it is always best to replace the pads along with the disc rather than keep the old pads. from your post i was unsure if you did this or not?

e.g ive just changed my rear discs and pads even though the previous pads were more or less new but i still changed them...

Thanks was just the front disc's changed not the pads, a friend changed them for me so only paid £30 for him to fit them. will keep eye on them MOT at end of year so they will be tested then, have checked out breakers yard for linkage will cost around £45 pounds bit worried that they might break also was thinking, might be best to pay full price as should get some sort of guarantee from Toyota dealer, having trouble removing Wiper Blades can undo nuts but that's about it is there something i can use to remove them?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links