Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grrr Potholes

PeaJay

Potholes! need i say more... :censor:

I had a low and high speed shudder develop

Took car to local reliable tyre factors... my front wheel was anything but round!

He swapped it with a rear (which was also slightly buckled) from same hole no doubt!

If i could find the pothole, i'd claim the cost back from the useless local council.. but, looking to replace my poor alloys.

mine are the 5 spoke versions... but looks like i can get a reclaimed 10 spoke set from a D-4D. what would i need to do to fit these to my T3-x...

OK, they are the 17 inch alloys, mine are 16 inch, so i,d need the complete set obviously. and differenct aspect tyres?

Potholes! need i say more... :censor:

I had a low and high speed shudder develop

Took car to local reliable tyre factors... my front wheel was anything but round!

He swapped it with a rear (which was also slightly buckled) from same hole no doubt!

If i could find the pothole, i'd claim the cost back from the useless local council.. but, looking to replace my poor alloys.

mine are the 5 spoke versions... but looks like i can get a reclaimed 10 spoke set from a D-4D. what would i need to do to fit these to my T3-x...

OK, they are the 17 inch alloys, mine are 16 inch, so i,d need the complete set obviously. and differenct aspect tyres?

Fitting larger dia wheels will make your speedo reading inacurate as the final circumference of the wheel and tyre will be greater and wheels must be checked for pitch circle dia of bolt holes, number of holes and the offset of the wheels in relation to the hub.

Fitter

Yeah... that sort of went away anyway - the dealer had sold em months ago and not updated his website.

Aaanyway... £130 per wheel from Mr T! Not happy... wondering about aftermarket replacements instead

Had the same problem myself at the weekend. I blew the Tyre, bent the wheel, ripped the CV boot and to top it all off after 15 miles or so my VSC / TRC off light comes on.

• 4 weeks later...

just had to replace a front shock after a pot hole killed it, need a rally car round this way the roads are so bad

just had to replace a front shock after a pot hole killed it, need a rally car round this way the roads are so bad

If its any consolation the roads are the same in Ireland. Although they have just opened the last stretch of motorway to Dublin. We can now go Cork to Dublin motorway all the way, No service station though, so if you want petrol or a pee you have problems

If its any consolation the roads are the same in Ireland. Although they have just opened the last stretch of motorway to Dublin. We can now go Cork to Dublin motorway all the way, No service station though, so if you want petrol or a pee you have problems

as a huge plus though in ireland you can get hold of ae86,s which must surely more than make up for the roads ,, man a jap spec drify ae86 would be such a cool weekend car

hi roker

many many years ago when a young lad i used visit friends in ireland during school holidays,not far from newtownforbes county longford. other than major roads the rest were rubbish,just dirt roads.

went back a couple of years ago and how things have change tarmac roads everywhere.

these have been paid for by european union. mwaning amongst others the uk.

so would it not be fair if ireland paid something towards flling in our potholes.

just a thought.

hi roker

many many years ago when a young lad i used visit friends in ireland during school holidays,not far from newtownforbes county longford. other than major roads the rest were rubbish,just dirt roads.

went back a couple of years ago and how things have change tarmac roads everywhere.

so would it not be fair if ireland paid something towards flling in our potholes.

just a thought.

All of the old roads were tar and chippings, causes havoc with the paintwork. some of the main roads are still tar and chippings, the newly laid road are now Tarmac.

hi roker

just a thought.

All of the old roads were tar and chippings, causes havoc with the paintwork. some of the main roads are still tar and chippings, the newly laid road are now Tarmac.

hi roker

the road from newtownfobus to drumlish was noway tarred and chipped it was deeply rutted caused by donkey and carts, only cars that used it was the local taxi,remember once being picked up by taxi to go to longford station

there was a loud bang, a spring had gone. (leaf springs those days)

but have fond memorys of those days. but so so long ago.sadly my friends there have all paseed away.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links