Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Legend Of St Swithin's Day

Raistlin

Folklore suggests that if it rains on 15 July, it will rain for the next 40 days.

411447389CF7BCA24D51E06FAAC757.jpg

PA Photos

An ancient proverb runs:

St Swithun's day if thou dost rain

For forty days it will remain

St Swithun's day if thou be fair

For forty days 'twill rain no more

St Swithin was an Anglo-Saxon bishop of Winchester who gained a reputation for posthumous miracle-working after his death in c.862.

His association with rainy weather probably originates with stories of unusually heavy downpours on Saint Swithin's Day in medieval times, coupled with the way the Atlantic jet stream tends to settle into a meteorological pattern around the middle of July that remains constant until the end of August, subjecting the UK to around six weeks (or roughly 40 days) of similar weather

:crybaby:

Very true, this fable :yes:

It has been p1ssing down here since the end of June & looks set to continue :(

Skies are grey & the Barometer is low. I'm in a depression with it :crybaby:

That's really SAD, get it thumbsup.gif

It's only because God hates Ireland...

That's really SAD, get it thumbsup.gif

It's only because God hates Ireland...

Au contraire :rolleyes: The Prophecy is , and you should know :hokus-pokus: that He loves Ireland so much, that it will vanish beneath the Sea, before the end of the World, to save its noble inhabitants [that means us all :lol: ] suffering & distress :thumbsup:

Personally & speaking for myself... I don't see much difference :fear:

Well if you lot go first we get a few months of peace :D

Well if you lot go first we get a few months of peace :D

Not bloody likely :wacko: We will come back to haunt you for the few months you have left :yahoo: You won't even be able to sit on the Toilet in peace, coz one of us will be down there to bite your bare Bum. :fear: Bet that'll cure your constipation :thumbsup:

Apologies :eek::nono:

Didn't quite get it correct :oops: My head is so stuffed with knowledge that sometimes the filing system lets me down :blush: The correct one is..............................

St. Columcille/Columba (521-597)

Seven years before the last day, the sea shall submerge Eirin [ireland] in one inundation.

So, when you see us go.. eat, drink, fornicate & be Merry. You have Seven years of it :rolleyes:

Aah the old St Columba, sailed on her many a time from Holyhead to Ireland........and you thought I could'nt spell Dun Laoghaire? :lol:

br_st_columba.jpg

Welcome to TOC UK :D

Point of order Mr Chairman !

The Honourable [?] Gentleman {?} should have given the proper Title ... TOC. UK and Ireland

Discrimination is against the rules of the Forum & I move that the aforesaid Gentleman [?] be evicted immediately :ffs:

"Dublin's Riviera" laugh.gif

tnPIC00002.jpg tnPIC00013.jpg

That's foreign i.e. not part of the UK,

Hence welcome to TOC UK thumbsup.gif, No Offence meant yahoo.gif

None taken :thumbsup: I wouldn't be bantering with you still, if I hadn't developed a "Crocodile" skin :D

It is a point I've laboured before, ad nauseam :yawn: There are a goodly number of Irish Members, some from N.Ireland [ UK? No ?] We would have no interest in TOC USA or Australia,or any other TOCs, so We are in TOC UK & Ireland & recognition should be given to this :mad2:

None taken thumbsup.gif I wouldn't be bantering with you still, if I hadn't developed a "Crocodile" skin biggrin.gif

It is a point I've laboured before, ad nauseam yawn.gif There are a goodly number of Irish Members, some from N.Ireland [ UK? No ?] We would have no interest in TOC USA or Australia,or any other TOCs, so We are in TOC UK & Ireland & recognition should be given to this mad2.gif

What if we put a dot behind TOC UK. to signify Ireland

Will that do ?

It's in proportion to the amount of posts biggrin.gif

None taken thumbsup.gif I wouldn't be bantering with you still, if I hadn't developed a "Crocodile" skin biggrin.gif

It is a point I've laboured before, ad nauseam yawn.gif There are a goodly number of Irish Members, some from N.Ireland [ UK? No ?] We would have no interest in TOC USA or Australia,or any other TOCs, so We are in TOC UK & Ireland & recognition should be given to this mad2.gif

What if we put a dot behind TOC UK. to signify Ireland

Will that do ?

It's in proportion to the amount of posts biggrin.gif

Even by your standards :rolleyes: that does sound a bit "Dotty" to me :lol:

and No, It won't :shutit:

Is it too big... (line feed if ever I saw one)

Is it too big... (line feed if ever I saw one)

As the Bishop said to the Actress :lol:........ Ok ? is that good enough as a follier upper?

Stop bashing the bishop censored.gif

I see the example you set <_< & Monkey see, Monkey do. Before you come back on that one, Monkeys are our closest in the Animal Kingdom & some traits we have in common :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links