Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Led Pack

Doofus

Howdy

Great forum you have here.

Quick question.

What exactly do you get with the LED pack as an option?

The Toyota Website and the hard copy brochure are a tad vague on this and I'm about to buy a car so would love to know.

Do you get Audi style daytime running lights that you can't switch off? Please tell me you don't.

Somethings I like...

LED headlamps - yes! Headlamp Washers - yes! Auto dipping Rear view mirror - yes! Auto headlamps - yes! Water repellent this that or the other -err no not really but, whatever.

There is no mention of LED daytime running lights anywhere but I swear the car I had a quick look at today at a dealership had Dame Edna daytime running lights (as well as the rest )

I'm confused.

Not sure about the rest but no the Prius does not (yet) have daytime running lights in the UK. I believe Scandinavian and Canadian versions do and it isn't as easy as just selecting an option on the internal computer to switch them on - whole wiring looms and relays are required.

However, the latest Auris Hybrid does have DRL's as will all new cars (or possibly all new models) from 2012.

Thanks for the reply

I'm still confused though. I'd rather switch them off , not on.

The car I saw today (3months old) definitely had that frog spawn thing going on at the bottom of the headlamps. And the headlamps were definitely LED rather than standard

I've no wish to drive around in a car that resembles a Council House at Christmas so the question is. Are daytime/running lights at the bottom of the headlights standard with the LED Pack or not?

This is a real deal breaker BTW

Then he has added them himself.

Want to put your mind at rest then pop along to your dealers and check it out.

Where the LEDs actually on? If you look at the Prius lights, it looks as if there are rows of DRL LEDs but these are usually fake.

As far as I can tell, the Prius LED pack lamps do not stay on like a traditional DRL. The new Auris has proper DRL lamps that stop on and cant be turned off

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies

The LEDs I saw were at the bottom of the headlamp covers - just like an Audi (yeuch!).

Anyway it's not a problem anymore because the car that they were on has already been sold it turns out.

So. I've decided to buy a new one instead (if I can get a good enough deal) Just a standard T Spirit with no packs (well possibly the style pack).

TTFN

From 2012 DRL's will be compulsory so no choice after then :lol: You will start to see them as standard on all new models and facelifts from now on

Kingo :thumbsup:

As an aside, according to my UK Prius brochure, the LED pack is only offered as an option on the top-of-the-line T Spirit model. Yet I saw a bog standard T3 with them in a local car park last Sunday. :huh:

I have the LED pack fitted to my car...good visibility at night and etc...the dusk sensing lights work all ok too....but there is no DRL on them!!!

They are not available on a Prius in the UK....Shame as I wanted them, but proper integrated and colour matched, the safety aspect is unparalleled...Can't wait for the law to finally come in affect in the UK...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links