Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Free Krav Marga Courses For Cabbies

balli hi

Hi just thought i'd share this story with you lovely peeps :D a short story of what happened to white van man after he decided to attack a London Cabbie trained in Krav Maga :yahoo:

Be Careful

Out There!

TOUT AND

ABOUT

Steve McNamara

Scroll to page 6 if the headline above does not appear

http://www.taxinewspaper.co.uk/downloads/Taxi_222.pdf

Well done that cabbie!

I have a brown/white belt in Shotokan(1st Kyu) . One of the first things taught is to step aside and defend yourself, not to attack as most people think. When you train regularly, it becomes second nature to side step, defend and run away if required! Yes attacking moves are taught but it doesnt matter how good you are at looking after yourself, its no good when somebody pulls a knife on you or worse, a gun! If you do have to attack, it is far easier when the defender has control of the situation, when maybe you have pushed the attacker off balance or tripped them over, then you have them under your own control. Those wrist locks are easy to apply if you are able to get hold of somebodys arm (maybe when pushed through an open window at you) but are not as easy on the street, it is not easy when punches or kicks are reigning down on you, better to be on your toes and away :ph34r::boxing:

Kingo :thumbsup:

A really practical form of self defence practised by one of the best fighting forces around, IDF rules thumbsup.gif

Who? ............The International Diabetes Federation? :lol:

Who? ............The International Diabetes Federation? laugh.gif

You know we watch everyone...cool.gif

Remind me NEVER to get into an argument with you, Balli, Mate :rolleyes::fear: :D

I would rather cut my own hand off Victor than raise a hand to you :yes: :D

Besides i haven't enrolled yet :lol: , but intend to do so as soon as the next courses are available , as a young man growing up i did enroll in Judo classes but never really took it up properly , too many distractions , girls etc :lol: , however i did learn a few moves that have stuck , like Kingo has described its all about watching your opponent waiting for them to attack then grabbing their arm or leg whichever they lead with and applying the appropriate move , Raist will like this one :lol: you need to manoeuvre yourself behind your opponent :lol2: then wrap your arms around them trapping their arms by their side and locking your wrists together , then you hop up lean forwards and at the same time wrap your feet around their shins locking your feet together , you pull your feet backwards whilst leaning forwards , their legs are pulled from under them and they come crashing down onto their knees , the heavier your opponent the better :spiteful: no good when sat in a car of course but handy if your attacked in the street :D

Anything that keeps you safe and causes them pain works for me thumbsup.gif

Anything that keeps you safe and causes them pain works for me thumbsup.gif

:lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links