Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipad Owner?

Bizarra

iPad owners 'are rich and self-centred'

By Peter Hutchison

Friday July 30 2010

iPad owners are rich, self-centred and unkind, a survey has suggested.

A poll of 20,000 consumers has found that the typical owner of the Apple device is power-hungry and has little time for the concerns of others.

According to those polled the image of someone who owns an iPad is of a selfish workaholic businessman between 30 and 50 who has an unhealthy interest in making lots of money.

Owners of the €499 device, which was launched in Ireland this month, were perceived to be uncaring and ambitious who at not time would consider helping other people.

Tim Koelekebeck, of MyType, which carried out the survey of Americans, said iPad owners were six times more likely to be "wealthy, well-educated, power-hungry, overachieving, sophisticated, unkind and non-altruistic 30 to 50-year-olds".

He added: "As a mainstream, closed platform device whose major claim to fame is ease of use and sex appeal, the iPad is everything they are not."

However, those who own an iPad were not alone in being criticised. The people who questioned dismissed critics of the Apple gadget as "independent geeks".

The high cost of the iPad is thought to be the main reason why people perceived iPad owners to be wealthy businessmen.

- Peter Hutchison

© Telegraph.co.uk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raistlin

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Bizarra

• Jan&tone

I can't believe you posted this.. censored.gif

You never see me having a dig at Apple product buyers... yahoo.gif

iPad owners 'are rich and self-centred'

iPad owners are rich, self-centred and unkind, a survey has suggested.

A poll of 20,000 consumers has found that the typical owner of the Apple device is power-hungry and has little time for the concerns of others.

According to those polled the image of someone who owns an iPad is of a selfish workaholic businessman between 30 and 50 who has an unhealthy interest in making lots of money.

Owners of the €499 device, which was launched in Ireland this month, were perceived to be uncaring and ambitious who at not time would consider helping other people.

Tim Koelekebeck, of MyType, which carried out the survey of Americans, said iPad owners were six times more likely to be "wealthy, well-educated, power-hungry, overachieving, sophisticated, unkind and non-altruistic 30 to 50-year-olds".

He added: "As a mainstream, closed platform device whose major claim to fame is ease of use and sex appeal, the iPad is everything they are not."

Not too bad then.Might get one afterall :lol:

Just couldn't resist it! :D It was too good to ignore :thumbsup:

As a technological "Numpty" it appealed to my dislike of Gadget freaks :lol:

Nothing personal, I hasten to add ! Mainly envy & ignorance :crybaby:

As a technological "Numpty" it appealed to my dislike of Gadget freaks laugh.gif

Mainly envy & ignorance crybaby.gif

Irish and ignorance go hand in hand, skipping down the path of destruction.... cursing.gif

Lol - I like gadgets so I bought an I-pad on the way out of the country in June.. Nice toy! Good for traveling and I can play the music in both my Prius and the wife's Aygo... Typing can be problematical and there are no 'ports' so you can only connect to a printer etc with bluetooth...

And of course it's good for browsing forums when I can't be bothered to get the laptop out lol

As a technological "Numpty" it appealed to my dislike of Gadget freaks laugh.gif

Mainly envy & ignorance crybaby.gif

Irish and ignorance go hand in hand, skipping down the path of destruction.... cursing.gif

I seriously think that way deep down, very,very deep, you are jealous of we Irish :rolleyes: & "Paddy" bashing is your way of compensating <_< Anyway, "Ignorance is bliss" & I'm very blissful :thumbsup:

Apple sued by users of 'overheating' iPad

By Alastair Jamieson

Thursday July 29 2010

Apple is being sued by iPad owners who claim the device overheats too easily and shuts down, making it difficult to use outdoors.

The customers say the tablet computer is “virtually unusable” in relatively common conditions such as direct sunlight because it can cut out after only a few minutes of use.

A complaint has been filed by three customers – Jacob Balthazar, Claudia Keller and John Browning – at a federal court in Oakland, California.

It accuses Apple of everything from “misleading and deceptive advertising” to various breaches of business and consumer protection law.

The complaint also takes issue with Apple’s “false” marketing claim that the iPad is “just like reading a book”. “Books do not close when a reader is enjoying them in sunlight,” it says.

Lawyers behind the complaint are seeking class action status, meaning they could take action on behalf of all affected iPad users.

A Computerworld report said reports of iPads overheating were not new and that, within hours of the product’s global launch on April 3, users had complained the device shut itself down in the sun.

PC Magazine editor Zach Honig put his iPad in the fridge in order to revive it when it cut out in hot weather.

The iPad’s instruction booklet warns the device could stop working if it is used in temperatures above 95F (35C).

More than three million iPads have already been sold.

Apple has not commented on the legal action.

- Alastair Jamieson

© Telegraph.co.uk

What a surprise, an American suing someone!!!!

What on earth is the matter with them, can't they make some money any other way???? Most computers will shut down in the sun when they overheat, it stops them catching fire!!!!!!

Are they used for lap dancing, they are always hotties...

What a surprise, an American suing someone!!!!

What on earth is the matter with them, can't they make some money any other way???? Most computers will shut down in the sun when they overheat, it stops them catching fire!!!!!!

I totally agree :thumbsup: I meant to add something similar to my post , forgot, & couldn't be bothered editing it :lol:

Really quiet sad how much people will do just to slate a company and create some drama...

And the thing about overheating is just hilarious. :yes: :lol2:

Really quite sad how much people will do, just to slate a company and create some drama...

And the thing about overheating is just hilarious. :yes: :lol2:

Rumour has it that you overheat on a regular basis & some girls are going to sue because of sudden "Shut down " :blink::lol:

PS I did a minor spelling correction while I was at it :rolleyes: No need to thank me :D It was my pleasure, as usual :lol2: See if you can spot the difference? :sneaky2:

Really quiet sad how much people will do just to slate a company and create some drama....

The Americans cannot be quiet about anything wink.gif

Now I wonder where this has been done previously.... oh yes, Toyota.... then BP.... now laugh.gif

Really quiet sad how much people will do just to slate a company and create some drama....

Now I wonder where this has been done previously.... oh yes, Toyota.... then BP.... now laugh.gif

quite, sorry. :blush:

They are such idiots I get depressed every time I think about how one of the Earths greatest powers is controlled and run by complete imbeciles... <_<

It could be worse, it might have "Made In Ireland" roasted in to the back of it.

The iSpud yahoo.gif

quite, sorry. :blush:

They are such idiots I get depressed every time I think about how one of the Earths greatest powers is controlled and run by complete imbeciles... <_<

" complete imbeciles..." rule everywhere :angry: Prime qualification for the job :thumbsup:

....They are such idiots I get depressed every time I think about how one of the Earths greatest powers is controlled and run by complete imbeciles... dry.gif

Don't worry about it as the same has happened throughout history....

Egypt

Greece

Rome

China

Britain

Russia

All empires and great powers are run by idiots huh.gif .... another word for them is 'politicians' laugh.gif

May be a good time for you to resurrect your joke about the surgeon liking to operate on politicians now Raist. ;) :lol:

May be a good time for you to resurrect your joke about the surgeon liking to operate on politicians now Raist. ;) :lol:

Pardon me for breathing! :blink: That joke was funny & therefore NOT one of Raist's :shutit:

If my recollection is correct [ & the only time I was wrong was the time I thought I wasn't right :blink: ]that was one I snuk in to improve his jokes forum :spiteful: :lol2:

I do apologise with the deepest sympathies. :yes:

I should have recognised your genius. :D :lol:

Sorry what was that, I couldn't read it properly I was wiping some brown off my nose... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links