Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hamas Bans Lingerie Displays In Gaza Strip

Raistlin

_48526502_009877252-1.jpg

Scantily-clad mannequins and pictures of underwear models are to disappear from clothes shops in the Gaza Strip after officials announced new rules.

The Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, which controls Gaza, said that the new rules were to protect "public morality".

The ruling comes two weeks after the organisation banned women from smoking water pipes.

Hamas has repeatedly denied it intends to impose Islamic Sharia law in Gaza.

It has so far taken only limited steps to enforce modesty and prevent the sexes from mixing in public."It is absolutely forbidden to place any photographic device inside the shop and it is forbidden to display revealing clothes in front of the shops," a statement from Hamas said.

"These measures have stemmed from complaints and pressure by ordinary people. They have to do with upholding our traditions," a police spokesman told the Reuters news agency.

Last year Hamas tried to prevent female lawyers from appearing in court without wearing a hijab scarf covering their heads, and banned men from working in women's hairdressers.

What strange people they can be at times huh.gif

If they had their way Sharia law would be the norm, there are some folks who want it here (Muslim Council) but I hope that we are strong enough to resist...

We didn't exactly have Sharia law here, but not far from it , in years gone by :angry:

The local Cinema was privately owned by a Pillar of the Church :rolleyes: who used to change the Posters of Ladies in Bikinis into something more "decent" by filling in the gaps :wacko:

We have moved on since then :lol:

The local Cinema was privately owned by a Pillar of the Church rolleyes.gif who used to change the Posters of Ladies in Bikinis into something more "decent" by filling in the gaps wacko.gif

We have moved since then laugh.gif

Where do you live now... ohmy.gif

The local Cinema was privately owned by a Pillar of the Church rolleyes.gif who used to change the Posters of Ladies in Bikinis into something more "decent" by filling in the gaps wacko.gif

We have moved on since then laugh.gif

Where do you live now... ohmy.gif

As far away from you as possible, without approaching from the opposite direction :Jumpy: I might draw your attention to the fact that I have re-adjusted your adjustment to my post :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links