Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding Mp3 Functionality

Bong Water

O Hai

My Corolla has a standard head unit but its one of those that has everything built into it and even though I can change I dont really want too

What I would like to do is add MP3 functionality via an MP3 player which I can also use at the Gym

Does anyone know how this is done? I dont want an iPod as I dont want the associated software, I just want to be able to plug an MP3 player into the car and take it out again when i'm done, I dont even know if the standard head unit is able to accept the cables anyone know how I find this out?

Also, the standard Speakers are absolutely shocking! Anyone know of some direct replacement Speakers that fit behind the standard grills with no modding?

Cheers

i know you dont want to do this but for the price range the corolla falls under the standard factory audio system is really shameful. you may be able to get one of those cig lighter gadgets which you then plug a usb driver loaded with music into and set your radio to the freq of the gadget?

I have one of those its pants and I want an MP3 player for the Gym anyway. The standard head unit is ok but the Speakers are absolute pants!

I dont want to change the head unit as it has the Sat Nav etc and I like the stearing controls

I think xcarlink and connects2 are the popular choices for adding mp3 and/or ipod functionality, plus they should be able to retain the steering controls too.

iirc the front door Speakers are rivetted into the mounts so you end up having to damage them during removal. You might be able to drill them out, but I think for a small sum you can buy replacement brackets that you can use screws with.

I am using xcarlink for some years now and it is great! No more packs of CDs in the car, no more burning and writing CDs, no more bad quality CDs that jump through the songs etc etc.

- Unlimited space for songs (according to the SD card that you will buy).

- Easy to write, delete, add any song you like.

- Great quality of sound (according to the Kbps of the song you are writing).

- Option (and cable included) to add an Ipod

- Option to buy extra the xcarlink bluetooth so as to connect the xcarlink to you phone and use it as a louspeaker etc.

Listening to MP3 has never being easier (as regards keeping the OEM radiocd).

I bought it off eBay at a very good price.

In my corolla the steering controls work, except from the "change song" button (I have to change song from the RadioCd). Volume and on-off works just fine. But in the newer version I think all steering controls work.

It is a cheap and easy solution to listen to MP3 in your oem radiocd. Much much better than getting the 6disc player of TOYOTA.

Just be careful when you order it to get the one with the correct adapter for your car. Pro-fl E12 have the big 5+7 pins adapter while f/l E12 have the small 6+6 ins adapter.

ive got one too great piece of kit . so handy not having to pop the front out of your radio each time you leave the car.

Yes, 99% you need the small 6+6 pins adapter. I think that the f/l radiocds have also a mute button.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links