Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Or Seat?

tufty703

I am about to take delivery of a land cruiser and I will be getting a dvd fitted. Apparently I have the choice of 2 roof mounted monitors, 4 headrest mounted monitors or a combination of both. The thing is, as I have never had a dvd before I don't know which will be best.

Any pointers would be helpful!

i dont have one yet but i would expect the roof ones to be better, reasons well 2 really the can be seen from a better angle ie head back on the seat rather than leaning forward to vie the back seat and 2 there out the way when you close them up so less risk of damage when loading peple into the car.

Darren

Well that is an interesting(?) point.

The car is new and is being purchased from my local Toyota dealer. The DVD is being offered as part of the package but it is not a Toyota DVD. It is being fitted by a third party car audio shop so I presume the contract for the DVD is actually with the shop rather than the garage.

I have noticed the article on the from page of this site saying that the LC accessory list is to include a DVD from March. I would be interested to see if this is actually a Toyota branded DVD fitted by the Toyota dealers, a factory option or just an add on like mine.

I have 2 in the headrests and find them much better viewing for the kids. A couple of other reasons why you should go for thi sover the roof mounted - 1. For the roof mounted one to be big enough, when down it will obscure your rear vision, and 2. you have the ability to have different things playing on seprate screens - I have a PS2 and DVD player in the car so the kids have a choice - its a wonderful idea having DVD player to keep them quiet, but then you have 30 minutes of arguments between kids about what to watch.

Evista

I also like you have and Landcruiser 3.0TD VX (it is the one on the left)and am thinking of puttting in a DVD system. Do you have any photos of your set up. :yes:

Evista

I also like you have and Landcruiser 3.0TD VX (it is the one on the left)and am thinking of puttting in a DVD system.  Do you have any photos of your set up. :yes:

Have a look at the gallery - pages 94 and 95

Its all pretty obvious. the only thing I would add is that the cordless headphones are a must - i paid about £20 each for them but it does away with cables. The position of the headphone transmitter was the only place I could get without interference.

I got the whole kit from a guy on eBay and have recommended him to loads others who are pleased. I have had them for about a year now and never had a problem. Any other queries, give me a shout

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links