Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioning / Fun Smell Prius Mk2

rodi

Hi there,

When aircon is on everything is perfect, when it's off (just fun is on) then the bad smell comes up. Tried aircon Kleen can, switched on aircon on maxcold and left for 10 minutes ... its helped, it's far much better, but din't get rid off all of the bad smell. Advise/help welcome ... thanks.

It is bacteria in the air ducting, you can buy air con sanitisers that kill the bacteria but it might take a few goes. A new pollen filter should be put in at the same time

People often think an A/C service is a con because it is still cold and doesnt need a service, but in reality, it needs the gas recycled, oiled, refilled with the CORRECT amount of gas, and then sanitised, it's best done on an annual basis to cut out those nasty niffs :sick:

Kingo :thumbsup:

It is bacteria in the air ducting, you can buy air con sanitisers that kill the bacteria but it might take a few goes. A new pollen filter should be put in at the same time

People often think an A/C service is a con because it is still cold and doesnt need a service, but in reality, it needs the gas recycled, oiled, refilled with the CORRECT amount of gas, and then sanitised, it's best done on an annual basis to cut out those nasty niffs :sick:

I did Kleen (air con sanitiser), but I may need to change the pollen filter as well. Hopefuly that will help, otherwise I may need to use Kleen sanitiser again ;)

The state of the A/C gas has nothing to do with smells, it's sealed. Sanitised A/C gas !!, pull the other one.

I'd suggest you take out the pollen filter and run the AC with max heat to dry out the vents then use neutradol spray or one of the Aerosol AC vent cleaners then put a new filter in.

lol. Mate, I think you're reading his comments out of context! Read it again noting the comma!

Read is as " refilled with the CORRECT amount of gas, (comma) and then sanitised, it's best done on an annual basis to cut out those nasty niffs"

He's not saying anything about sanitised gas :)

Thanks G_C I thought I had made it clear :lol:

What I'm saying Kithmo is that during an A/C service, the air ducting is sanitised (along with re-gas, oiling etc) and a lot of people wont pay for an A/C service because they think it is running cold enough. Having an A/C service is a lot more than checking the amount of gas in the system and how cold it is ;)

We use a trade product to sanitise the air ducting, I'm not familier with Kleen sanitiser, is it a specific A/C sanitiser? If not you may want to try another product. We call ours the A/C bomb :blowup: It is a pressurised container that we set off, the whole can discharges in the car, and you leave the car running, with the A/C on so that the gas (no not the A/C gas lol) can circulate throughout all of the air ducting, which kills the bacteria. You cant use the car for 20 minutes or so after setting it off, the effect can be better than any substance you could buy in a nightclub :sick::lol:

Some of the commas should really be full stops. :thumbsup:

Sorry for my desperate error, it won't happen again,

Oh it just did!!! I put a comma after "Again" :D: :D: :D:

Doh! my bad, english grammar never was my strong point. :laughing:

Do Comma make an aircon sanitiser, I know they do oils :g:

Doh! my bad, english grammar never was my strong point. :laughing:

Doesn't seem to matter these days. When I was at school, they were red hot on spelling and suchlike.

When my kids were at school, the English teacher didn't even know about punctuation. :(

Doesn't seem to matter these days. When I was at school, they were red hot on spelling and suchlike.

You must be as old as me :lol: I was beaten on a regular basis for being poor at maths, I was teaching other kids to read at 5 but that made no difference, if you didnt understand they would try and beat it into you :angry:

You must be as old as me :lol: I was beaten on a regular basis for being poor at maths, I was teaching other kids to read at 5 but that made no difference, if you didnt understand they would try and beat it into you :angry:

hi kingo

kids have it easy now

remember two teachers forcing a school dinner into my mates mouth cos he had not eaten it all.

the pair of us never stayed for those school meals again.

brought a bag of chips and a small bottle squash up the shops with the sixpence our mums gave us to pay for the school dinner. sorry about being a bit off subject

I'm only 57 :ermm:

I left school 41 years ago.

We used to get beaten regularly for all sorts at school, e.g. size 14 slipper on backside for forgetting homework, half inch thick bamboo cane on hand for talking in class, pulled by the ears or sideburns to the headmaster who administered the cane. Social services would have had a field day at our school if it was these days.

We used to get beaten regularly for all sorts at school, e.g. size 14 slipper on backside for forgetting homework, half inch thick bamboo cane on hand for talking in class, pulled by the ears or sideburns to the headmaster who administered the cane. Social services would have had a field day at our school if it was these days.

if the social services had gone to my school (60 years ago)i doubt they would have got out alive.

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE. was our school motto.

if the social services had gone to my school (60 years ago)i doubt they would have got out alive.

ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE. was our school motto.

LOL, and ours was one of the better schools :lol:

The state of the A/C gas has nothing to do with smells, it's sealed. Sanitised A/C gas !!, pull the other one.

I'd suggest you take out the pollen filter and run the AC with max heat to dry out the vents then use neutradol spray or one of the Aerosol AC vent cleaners then put a new filter in.

Ok thanks, I did clean aircon with aerosol A/C cleaner on max cold ... next time I'll try without pollen filter with max heat (on recyculating mode). thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links