Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris Tr

chunky123

Hi

I know all the regular tips for saving on fuel (correct tyre pressure etc) but is there a tip or a mod that can be easily fitted to give me even better mpg than the Toyota official figures.

Regards

No replies... not much you can say really.

It's all down to how you drive. I just checked the official combined figure for my 1.33 Auris and that's 48.7 mpg. I better that everytime I fill up (calculated... not just what the trip shows which is amazingly accurate by the way, to within 0.5mpg)by getting between 50 and 51.

Aerodynamic aids will help if you drive regularly above 60 ( motorway cruising etc...)

I am not talking about HALFRAUDS "specials" , wings, spoiler, bonnet vents and all that junk...

For example I cannot remember if auris has them, but if you mount a small deflector in FRONT of the Rear wheels, at the front edge of the RR wheel arch, the width of the tyre and about 1 inch deep, in plastic. you can improve airflow around the wheel and wheel arch and reduce drag between body and tyre.

Another is the small plastic "chin" spoiler some cars have in the front bumper made of 1inch deep plastic (have a look at a Nissan Micra or Renault Megane , ford Focus...

They should all improve airflow underbody and reduce drag.

Low rolling resustance tyres in the next replacement. (but get decent quality not some mid-range low grip nightmares...)

And some light calm music I find helps me a lot...

another interesting statistic I read recently... But depends on your body constitution and explain why I am not getting the MPG I expect... LINK

:lol:

Don't use your air conditioning unless its vital, keep your windows closed when driving, keep your speed down. Also avoid the temptation to give it a bit of wellie,excuse the expression, but the caress the throttle pedal. Then again its all right me pontificating, I'm lucky if I get 30m.p.g out of mine!

Some people have had luck chipping their cars for power so they can run in higher gears, but this is quite an expensive solution as you need to buy a decent mod, and your insurance will screw you for it too. :(

Lowering the car and other aero mods can help, but as Aurissimo says, this will only make any noticeable difference on A-road/motorway runs.

Removing excess Weight and pumping up the tyres a few PSI (No more than the 'fully loaded' rating mind!) will also help a little bit.

However, the most savings really is from observation and foreplanning.

I always feel smug when I get my timing dead on and roll through several sets of traffic lights in 4th without stopping while people around me shoot off and brake at every one :lol:

Don't use your air conditioning unless its vital, keep your windows closed when driving, keep your speed down. Also avoid the temptation to give it a bit of wellie,excuse the expression, but the caress the throttle pedal. Then again its all right me pontificating, I'm lucky if I get 30m.p.g out of mine!

I've had about 55-56mpg in my 1.33 Auris on a run on the motorway

Around town and some dual carriageway driving i'm getting about 45-47mpg

I always change gear when the arrow on the dash tells me to. "Simples", but it seems to work.

Thanks everyone

Some people have had luck chipping their cars for power so they can run in higher gears, but this is quite an expensive solution as you need to buy a decent mod, and your insurance will screw you for it too. :(

Lowering the car and other aero mods can help, but as Aurissimo says, this will only make any noticeable difference on A-road/motorway runs.

Removing excess Weight and pumping up the tyres a few PSI (No more than the 'fully loaded' rating mind!) will also help a little bit.

However, the most savings really is from observation and foreplanning.

I always feel smug when I get my timing dead on and roll through several sets of traffic lights in 4th without stopping while people around me shoot off and brake at every one :lol:

hi

have read that some performance chips effect the trip accuracy,making it optomistic.so top up test is needed after any mods like a chip to see if there is any improvement in consumption or not, as chipping is not only about improving consuption,but also improving performance,and having fitted one a an owner will take advantage of this increased performance at least initialy,so increasing their consumption.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links