Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car-Lack68 Nano & Collinite 476

timberwolf

I've just spent the entire afternoon and early evening washing and waxing the car.

Started about 1:30pm and finished 6:55pm, so I am probably a little slow, but I did have a break after washing the car and then another one after I'd finished with the Car-lack68 Nano. Somewhere I read that the Car-lack68 Nano needs to be left for 45 minutes to cure before putting the wax on, so hopefully the hour in slightly cooler weather was okay.

My arm is sore after buffing off the Collinite 476 wax (and yes I spread the wax as thinly as I could), I hope it's worth all the effort and does offer some protection to the paint work from the bird lime.

I think I need another Bank Holiday to recover from this one:-)

Carlack and collinite insulator wax for me.

At least the Prius is smaller than my old Volvo estate.

Yes, I did consider the Collinite liquid wax, in fact it is very difficult trying to decide between all the choices. It doesn't help thst the Collinite company likes to hype their products with tales of yore.

Not sure about the raining since March, during June and July my main problem was too much sunshine.

I've just spent the entire afternoon and early evening washing and waxing the car.

Started about 1:30pm and finished 6:55pm,

My arm is sore after buffing off the Collinite 476 wax (and yes I spread the wax as thinly as I could), I hope it's worth all the effort and does offer some protection to the paint work from the bird lime.

Unless your a !Removed!, do yourself a favour and use Proshine topped off with a sealant (Gtechniq C2 is one of the easiest)

All done in a comfortable 20 mins. :yes:

I have only used Collinite wax on my Prius in the last month. I did not find it too hard to put on and "buff" up. I have never heard of car-lack 68 so have never used it. Since I put the wax on the birds have been behaving; the couple of bird poops I have had to deal with came off easily.

Started about 1:30pm and finished 6:55pm,

Unless your a !Removed!, do yourself a favour and use Proshine topped off with a sealant (Gtechniq C2 is one of the easiest)

All done in a comfortable 20 mins. :yes:

Just looked at Proshine - do you mean the waterless variety? Not sure how that doesn't scratch the surface?

I'm short-sighted so I can see fine detail i.e. all the bits that I missed. But probably it was just that I put it on too thickly in places, and the car was quite cold to the touch by the evening.

I've never heard of Proshine, but I was looking for something with good protection and that would last, and I am a cynic when it comes to products that sound to good to be true and require absolutely no effort or time to use.

Started about 1:30pm and finished 6:55pm, so I am probably a little slow, but I did have a break after washing the car and then another one after I'd finished with the Car-lack68 Nano. Somewhere I read that the Car-lack68 Nano needs to be left for 45 minutes to cure before putting the wax on, so hopefully the hour in slightly cooler weather was okay.

This thread is useless without pictures thumbsup.gif

I'm picking our up tomorrow and got the Snow Foam, chemical guys FK109 sealant and dodo juice diamond brite wax on the ready....Come home and prepare it instantly then take it for a spin...I like collinite lasts very well, just found dodo juice comes out a bit shinier on the bright metallics....Really like Poorboys Natte Paste Blue for dark colours...

Sorry, no pictures. I wasn't going for looks, as I wasn't trying to get rid of any of the scratches or shudder the swirls that I must have added (although based on the paint on a showroom car I am not entirely sure that the dealers know what they are doing either). My aim was some more protection from bird droppings, and I like the beading when it rains.

In my experience dealers 'valet' staff are terrible. I was shocked to see normal spounges being used, dropped on the floor and just put in the bucket. So that is how the scratches appear on a brand new car ;-)

The beading is lovely, but also a great indicator of how well you wax layer is. I suggest that after all that work you have a little break :-) Then this weekend give it another wash, just a gentle, dry and put another layer on top. In my experience Col 476 is brilliant when you layer it. You'd probably be able all winter long to just hose it down when you do that.

PS. Have you used a wheel wax as well? Great to guard against burned in brake dust.

Layering the wax is something I'd like to do. Is there some minimum or maximum time between putting on layers of 476?

To be honest, wheels are not my thing, and I've noticed very little visible brake dust. With my previous car, a Honda Civic, the wheels used to be coated in thick black dirt within days of washing.

What's the best wax for metallic paint ?

hi all, i use BOORA wax,it has real carnaauba wax in it.

its cheaper too,than over the counter stuff.

couple of coats,then only needs washing,to bring paint back to mint.www.boora.co.uk.

got mine on eBay.

I gave mine two coats of collinite within a week of each waxing. The car looks good and I cannot see any scratches or swirls. Before Winter I will give it another waxing.

My previous car an Avensis had a great show room shine which I was proud of. I used MER on that car. Although it was an immaculate car I did not get that good a deal on trade in to the Prius. I sometimes wonder if all the polishing etc is worth it. Trade in seems the same with or without the shine!!

Layering the wax is something I'd like to do. Is there some minimum or maximum time between putting on layers of 476?

To be honest, wheels are not my thing, and I've noticed very little visible brake dust. With my previous car, a Honda Civic, the wheels used to be coated in thick black dirt within days of washing.

About 24 hours minimum realistically...Maximum depends a little on the roads as well, personally I wouldn't leave it much more than a week. This is because you start getting the little deposits that don't come off with a normal wash, then you need to clay again and then you may only have one layer left....

I don't have an OCD :-) Just lazy, a nice two layers will give you very very easy washing for the next 6 months or so :-)

Not an Obsessive-Complusive Detailer? B)

As with any such activity, I can see how people can become addicted, but is it any worse than those that become golf widows (I think the phrase is).

Thanks for the info.

A couple of images of my Prius taken earlier this morning after the rain fell here last night. Yesterday, I just managed to get the second layer of wax on the roof and body panels before the first spots of light rain. I wasn't able to do the second layer to the bumpers or the area of tail-gate around the number plate.

med_gallery_63793_1214_83907.jpg

med_gallery_63793_1214_143777.jpg

(I'm of the "point and shoot" quick snap type, but when I resized the images they became a bit blurred and I felt that ruined what I wanted to show. So I searched around the internet on how to sharpen them up with the same linux tool that I normally just use to reduce images in size

e.g.

convert IMG_1071.JPG -monitor -resize 640x480 -sharpen 0x.4 IMG_1071_640x480.jpg

).

(I'm of the "point and shoot" quick snap type, but when I resized the images they became a bit blurred and I felt that ruined what I wanted to show. So I searched around the internet on how to sharpen them up with the same linux tool that I normally just use to reduce images in size

e.g.

convert IMG_1071.JPG -monitor -resize 640x480 -sharpen 0x.4 IMG_1071_640x480.jpg

).

I love that look! Was doing our one today, but then noticed the dealer waxed it already and didn't scratch it in the process which is a first. Top job done by Stephen Eaglle.

Love how you use the Shell in Linux Timberwolf! Top man, respect thumbsup.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links