Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Model Aygo - Updated Interior With Integrated Sat Nav

bogopogo

Hi All

Seems that Toyota will be showing the 2011 AYGO in Paris - a few interior tweeks including a smart looking integrated TomTom Sat Nav option.

Anyone know more about this? Do you think it will be available as an aftermarket option? Looks like it might with a new centre console housing too? Would love one in my AYGO...

post-80022-128379169521_thumb.jpeg

It looks like they have just changed the housing so we may be able to change ours, but knowing Mr.T it will cost a fortune. thumbsup.gif

Looks like a very bad photo-montage to me. And a similar

system allready IS avalable, even with an integrated iPod dock...

But it's VERY expensive. About 4 or 5 regular TomTom systems...

Looks like a very bad photo-montage to me. And a similar

system allready IS avalable, even with an integrated iPod dock...

But it's VERY expensive. About 4 or 5 regular TomTom systems...

Agree with you Jan. This looks like a photoshop job :D

I read on Autocar last week (when pictures of the new Verso-S were released) that Toyota are readying a new sat nav / new audio system for the Aygo, which will also be making its debut at Paris. So I don't think it's a Photoshop job... or it might be, but it's certainly been done by Toyota. Head over to Autocar for a flick through the story :)

I don't understand why these companies put a hole in the dash that you could fit one particular TomTom satnav in.

It would be much better to just fit a multifunction screen and put the TomTom circuitry within the rest of the unit. Considering that all cars have the OBD port close to the steering column you could also include ScanGuage2 functionality within the same unit.

I doubt this would add much to the on the road costs of each car either because once the backend unit is designed it could be reused on every car within Toyotas range, just change the screen size as needed.

Agree with you Jan. This looks like a photoshop job :D

Nearly every photo used by car manufacturers for their product is CGI and not a real photo ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links