Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loving It

Doesn'tExist

I took my wives new prius into central London because of the tube strikes. Absolutely loved it. A 67 mile round trip with 56.1mpg and an average speed of 18.9mph. Very good going. And no congestion charge. Also the satnav works very well, love the 3d buildings and the separate interior light dimming compared to the headlights coming on. Very neat touch. And dab reception is brilliant. Very happy bunny so far.

A few snags with our car but it is going back in on Friday to get those corrected.

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention the near black can turning circle, very useful in London. Hmm maybe my wife gets my audi :-)

I took my wives new prius into central London because of the tube strikes. Absolutely loved it. A 67 mile round trip with 56.1mpg and an average speed of 18.9mph. Very good going. And no congestion charge. Also the satnav works very well, love the 3d buildings and the separate interior light dimming compared to the headlights coming on. Very neat touch. And dab reception is brilliant. Very happy bunny so far.

A few snags with our car but it is going back in on Friday to get those corrected.

Oh and I nearly forgot to mention the near black can turning circle, very useful in London. Hmm maybe my wife gets my audi :-)

From your post it sounds like driving to London is not a normal occurrence; just in case: you need to register the car for congestion charge it is not automatically exempted... It cost £10 and take up to 2 weeks before you get a all clear to drive in the zone otherwise you have to pay the normal daily charge!

From your post it sounds like driving to London is not a normal occurrence; just in case: you need to register the car for congestion charge it is not automatically exempted... It cost £10 and take up to 2 weeks before you get a all clear to drive in the zone otherwise you have to pay the normal daily charge!

Really!? Damn, that is a bit nasty as they know the car make and model when you go through...I know as I had many PCNs. Thanks for the tip!

Really!? Damn, that is a bit nasty as they know the car make and model when you go through...I know as I had many PCNs. Thanks for the tip!

You better ring and pay up (think you get 24hours) otherwise you will be served with a fine!

I was given an exemption congestion charge form by the dealer when I purchased the Prius. It is available on line. You have to renew the exemption annually, it costs £10. I also recommend you contact them as it is almost certain you will be fined.

Just remembered the dealer also gave me a certificate for the Prius I had to send a copy of the certificate with the exemption application.

I was given an exemption congestion charge form by the dealer when I purchased the Prius. It is available on line. You have to renew the exemption annually, it costs £10. I also recommend you contact them as it is almost certain you will be fined.

Just remembered the dealer also gave me a certificate for the Prius I had to send a copy of the certificate with the exemption application.

I drive in central London every weekday and just did my 2nd year renewal; as mentioned by others and me, you need to fill in the form (available online) and send in a copy of your V5C and proof of purchase (if you don't have the certificate with the exemption from the dealer) with a cheque of £10 or your credit card details. Make sure they are copies as you will not get them back; you need to wait until you get an exemption note before you can start driving into the zone (as mentioned it can take up to 2 weeks).

You get 24hours to pay £10 if you forgot to pay upfront or by midnight on the day (£8) otherwise, I'm afraid you will be issued a penalty charge of £120; if you pay within 14 days it will be £60, rather than £120.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links