Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I Connect My Ipod Nano To My Auris ?

forevered

Hi Guys,

Sorry to spam such an old topic, but I may have a solution for you.

I have just traded my 2004 Prius for an Auris.

In the Prius, i had fitted a Dice MediaBridge unit, as this was the only way I could get iPhone USB & bluetooth connectivity.

I removed the Mediabridge from the Prius, as I refused to just hand it over with the car, and whilst waiting for the handover of my Auris, I was looking to see if it fitted my new car. That is when i stumbled across this thread.

So I thought, I'll just plug it in and try it.

To my amazement, it worked perfectly 1st time, so I now have USB fitted in my 2009 Auris.

I cant suggest retailers for the unit however, as i originally got mine 2nd hand from eBay about 2 years ago.

But at least I can tell you that the Dice Mediabridge unit, does work with the Auris 2009 head unit, in the 12 pin socket on the back, which incidently is the same as the one on my previous Prius.

Hope I may have helped someone who reads through this thread in the future.

Dan!

• Like 2

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update. This is really interesting.

Did this device plug in to the back of the DVD Satnav head unit? (assuming that is what you have?)

Where does the USB connection come out? Do you have any pictures?

Cheers!

Have any of you seen the following link? http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=35&cat=11&page=1

The first tab shows the Toyota connector and gives model numbers of the head units, the second tab shows most of the units.

If the socket matches the one in the picture, then it should work. Xcarlink even states that even if the head was not mentioned in the list provided, the product should still work. From Dans post about a different product, my logic is that Toyota have not changed the specification an pin-outs of the socket with any generation of head unit.

The other link with connects2 http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductRange.aspx

There are many after market in car installers who sell these products and will know. If they have one in stock to try out, all the better. Just find a dealer near you.

Konrad

I shall take some photos in the morning. The mediabridge unit is currently sat in the glove box of the Auris, which is good enough for me, although it could be neater if I'm honest. The Prius had the Sat Nav unit, however my Auris doesn't. The connections for the CD changer are however the same on both vehicle's stereo, which is where the unit plugs in.

I can give you this link, however I bought mine off eBay, and they only seem to be commercially available in the US.

http://diceelectronics.com/media-bridge-info-avx

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links