Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Am Going To Kill It!

jako999

Hi all well my wife's 2002 2.0l petrol VX Auto has now been in limp mode for what seems like ever I have looked for air leeks, changed the air filter, tested the MAF, put in new Denso Iridium plugs and changed three of the lambda's with genuine Denso parts and still after about 2 miles it comes up with ECU error "Insufficient coolant temp for closed loop circuit" then after about 10 miles the error codes for O2 mixture. Now the temp is 88 which is fine I just don't know what else to do. If it was left to me I would get rid of it but my wife is disabled and its a great car for her. I have hear that there is a plug under the dash that the lambda data comes through is this true and does any one know where?

The silly thing is that the car does more mpg and passes its emissions test, I really do thick it could be an ECU problem Toyota say no and Have said they will replace the ECU if I want at stupid price but wont just plug in another one to test it.

Please help has anyone got any ideas.

Thanks Thanks Thanks in advance

Hi I have a code reader with live data and I have also had it plugged in to a Snap on code computer at a garage which has given the same codes.

If you have any ideas it would be much appreciated or if you know anyone who knows about Ravs in the West Midlands.

Thanks

Jako

The only plug under the dash I know of is the one you presumably got the codes from, i.e. the OBD plug by the bonnet pull. What codes has it shown and what codes does it show now?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links