Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1991 Toyota Camry Le Stalling

junkieman

Hey all, I'm new to this forum. Please be kind. I have a 91 Toyota Camry LE 3s-fe 2.0 which is not performing correctly. :angry: I've tried changing the Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Mass Air-Flow Sensor, Adjusting the Throttle Position Sensor, and that's about it so far. :( The problem is that it starts fine and it idles fine now... after changing the plugs of co****. I got the engine about 2 years ago with little mileage. I've put around 60k on it so far.

What happens is this. When you press the accelerator it lags a little bit. It sounds as though it's stalling. It does this regardless of the temperature or the time of day or how long it's been idling. There are no error codes coming through when connecting TE1 and E1 in the terminal. However, there is an error code coming through with the throttle position sensor when placed in D R 1 and 2, but it seemed ok when checked with the multiMeter. ANyway... Any help would be nice. :D

Thinking of maybe checking the timing, or maybe there might be water in the gas. Thanks for any replies.

-Junkieman

Check ignition leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm.

New air filter and a cleaned out intake might help as well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links