Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

16-18k For 93 Supra? Please Help !

unreal33

I've been in love w/ the Supra since the first time I laid eyes on one... I've been looking for a 93+ model thats in my price range for some time and I recently found a few I could afford. My main question is this, would any of your pay 3 to 5 thousand dollars more than the Kelly Blue Book value for a car? even if it was a Supra? The few Supras i've found, one was a 95 w/ 96,000 miles non-turbo asking price was 15,800 but the KBB value was about 12,500 - I realize thats quite the price hike, but if the car is in good condition would you pay even 14,000 ??

Now, this car would not be my daily driver, and could never see a New England winter as I plan to keep my current vehicle for the off seasons. but can a 300+ dollar a month payment for the next 48 months be worth it??

Another thing I was considering was buying a non-turbo supra (so insurance would be less) and after a few years rebuild the engine and swap a single large turbo when money is less tight. Is that a project any of you have taken on? Thanks

Are you talking pounds?? £££

No, already mentioned dollars and New England , you shouldn't pay any more than youer price guide says, unless the modifications to the car warrant it. If standard - i'd walk away, thats too much of a price hike.

• 3 weeks later...

Supras have been going for much more than the kbb value for a while now. I'd say it's worth it if the car is as good as you say it is. Make the guy a lower offer and maybe he'll bite on it. These cars demand a higher price because they are getting harder and harder to find in good condition....or one that hasn't been riced out.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a turbo motor buy a turbo car fella. The engine's are not the same and its not just a case of bashing a couple of turbo's off a tt car on. For the money you would spend converting it to turbo you would easily get a tt for less than the difference, I know as I am in that boat. I am currently considering either supercharging or an engine transplant but only because mine is an aero-top and price differences make that a viable option. If you do intend on how did that guy put it?? ricing the car theres no point in paying over the odds for the thing in the first place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links