Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

Diggerc

HELLO

Anyone would be able to help

I have just brought a 2nd hand Toyota Rav 4 and am thinking of having the tyres changed, not being familiar with tyres what other options do I have besides what I have got at the moment ie W215,Profile70, Size 16, 99S (215/70R16 99S)SNOW.

Would it be adviseable to change all 4 tyres together or just the front two due to costs? Any recommendation where I can get reasonable price tyres for them like in Swindon, Northampton, Oxon or Romford(Essex.)

Thanks

Diggerc

First of all you need to look into the size of the tyres you want.

Do you want them to be different then the current tyres? Or the same.

If different, you might want to use this handy tool to make sure your odo and speedmeter aren't going to be completely off: http://rav4world.com/tiresizer/tirecalc.html

Also, it is handy to think about what conditions are upcoming. England is likely to get cold, and could have snowfall this winter.

You might want to get tyres which are suited for that. Usually referred to on the tyre by M+S sign (mud and snow).

Then you might want to think about the typical things as cost, amount of sound (there are some which are specifically made for less noisy behaviour) as well as offroad/ only tarmac/ combination of those.

So really...it depends on what you prefer yourself.

But i hope you get an idea what to look for.

Greetz

Pim

Whatever you choose, keep the same size for all 4 wheels.

Some RAVs have 235/60 x 16 - I use 225/40x18 on number 1 RAV which gives the speedo a variance of +10% On number 2, I use 245/45x18, with bothe running DARE Drift alloys to cut down on unsprung weight...and overall weight.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links