Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

04 Avensis Estate - 3 Queries

chimp1965

Afternoon all

REF : 1.8 PETROL '04 AVENSIS ESTATE

Am looking for some advice. In no particular order:

1 Ski trip booked and need some roof storage. Any experiences of roof boxes? Even better, anyone selling a box?

2 The recent ice and snow highlighted how poor it is in slippery conditions - am intending on snow chains just in case, but any tips? I know what I'm doing and do all the 2nd gear, TRC off etc etc, but it's a pig!

3 It's a 1.8 petrol and is pretty gutless. I don't drive it for fun (have something else for that) so am not overly concerned, but it has surprised me how slow it is. Looks like a heubik and goes like one.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards

TM

Can't help with your last two questions, but in respect of your the roof box, I have used a 450 litre roof box; http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-3988.aspx for many trips on my previous 04 model 2.0 diesel tourer, possibly over 3,000 miles. It has been used with a set of a major car stores roof bars without problems, with the only downside being the drop in fuel consumption. Found that the position of the roof box was fairly critical when trying to conserve fuel, it had to be positioned front edge behind an imaginary line continuing the angle of the windscreen (hope this make sense). This box also left space for a Kayak or two Surfboards to be mounted alongside it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links