Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nissan Leaf

johalareewi

My cousin has just put an order in for a leaf.

Will be interesting to see how it fares.

I was tempted to get one, but Nissan feel that there should be no Leaf dealers in the whole of Yorkshire! It's ok to have a load in Cornwall but none here! OK Yorkshire jokes aside I think they've made a clanger here as Yorkshire does appear to be a large market for Prius and Honda Insights as I see loads of these a day just in Harrogate. Perhaps Nissan feel there arn't any big selling dealers in Yorkshire - or maybe we weren't keen on their existing range of Micras, Notes or the Gypsys favorite - the Navara. Trouble is, the existing market for these vehicles probably won't want to buy a Leaf. :unsure:

I shall now wait until 2012 for the plug in Prius or the Prius V - whichever is the cheapest! :thumbsup:

(Rant over)

The whole of Yorkshire is a big place to not have a dealer.

Check their map on the Leaf section of their website. Madness on their behalf. Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield are all quite congested and polluted cities so you'd imagine a Leaf would sell well. Leeds is quite affluent (they have a Harvey Nicks you know lol) as is Harrogate and York and there are loads of Prii and Insights and we know from Nissan USA that Prius owners are future Leaf owners but obviously Nissan UK know better.

Maybe I'm just bitter I can't have one :crybaby: . I could make it viable as a cab IF there was a fast charger in the town, but Nissan don't even have a dealer here and the council are making cuts.

Check their map on the Leaf section of their website. Madness on their behalf. Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield are all quite congested and polluted cities so you'd imagine a Leaf would sell well. Leeds is quite affluent (they have a Harvey Nicks you know lol) as is Harrogate and York and there are loads of Prii and Insights and we know from Nissan USA that Prius owners are future Leaf owners but obviously Nissan UK know better.

Maybe I'm just bitter I can't have one :crybaby: . I could make it viable as a cab IF there was a fast charger in the town, but Nissan don't even have a dealer here and the council are making cuts.

should take a leaf out of toyotas book not out of yorkshire.

• 1 month later...

Could that be why they've sneaked the price up by £2,000??!? :eek:

I might have if I could but I can't so I won't. There just isn't enough range for practical driving + with on road parking you can't trail a mains lead across the pavement. Useful as a 2nd car though, for school runs etc.

Might consider a diesel hybrid next time if they become more popular.

Looks like it fell out of the Ugly Car Tree and hit every branch on the way down

That probably applies to many of the Nissan vehicles, I'm thinking of the cross overs in particular - I guess many people like buying ugly cars and how many people were/are put off by the Prius?

The gen2 Prius wasn't a looker but the gen3 is much better. Bizarely I get a lot of customers ask me if its an Alfa! Not sure where they get that from but must be about a dozen people have asked this in the last year.

Nissan do have a range minging cars and the Leaf is no exception. What is the official release date for the Leaf?

The gen2 Prius wasn't a looker but the gen3 is much better. Bizarely I get a lot of customers ask me if its an Alfa! Not sure where they get that from but must be about a dozen people have asked this in the last year.

Nissan do have a range minging cars and the Leaf is no exception. What is the official release date for the Leaf?

Au contraire, looking from the front, the Gen2 has a nice smiling grille whereas on the Gen3 the eye is drawn to that ugly nose capped with the Toyota Badge :lol:

Au contraire, looking from the front, the Gen2 has a nice smiling grille whereas on the Gen3 the eye is drawn to that ugly nose capped with the Toyota Badge :lol:

I'm in the middle here. I really don't see much difference between them. Enough to tell them apart, but that is about it :wacko:

Think the Juke must be from the same team that designed the Leaf...

A friend of mine has just ordered a juke - he described it as a marmite style...

A friend of mine has just ordered a juke - he described it as a marmite style...

lol, that's for sure!

Saying that I thought the Auris was a little on the bland side and thought a hybrid version wouldn't sell at the money Toyota wanted. How wrong I have been proved!

Nowt so quere as folk, but how boring it would be if we all liked the same things.

I was tempted to get one, but Nissan feel that there should be no Leaf dealers in the whole of Yorkshire! It's ok to have a load in Cornwall but none here! OK Yorkshire jokes aside I think they've made a clanger here as Yorkshire does appear to be a large market for Prius and Honda Insights as I see loads of these a day just in Harrogate. Perhaps Nissan feel there arn't any big selling dealers in Yorkshire - or maybe we weren't keen on their existing range of Micras, Notes or the Gypsys favorite - the Navara. Trouble is, the existing market for these vehicles probably won't want to buy a Leaf. :unsure:

I shall now wait until 2012 for the plug in Prius or the Prius V - whichever is the cheapest! :thumbsup:

(Rant over)

Grumpy Cabbie

I don't think the Leaf would be suited to taxi/cab work - yes you can quick charge them but i was told by a Nissan promotional person that quick charging on a regular

basis wasn't recommended and that it was meant for if you got caught up the road without enough charge to go home.

Basically as i understand it the normal charge time is 8 hours but you can do a quick charge, problem with the quick charge is that your are putting the Battery under

more pressure. To be honest im not that keen on the Leaf - i went, i saw and yes its a novelty item, but for no frills local driving id rather a Micra (out of the nissan range).

it was funny though the day they had an open day for the Leaf (opened up the dealership on a Sunday especially for Leaf test drives lol) and i go in and

ask for the Micra Brochure lol.

Red diesel

A friend of mine has just ordered a juke...

Is he on crack?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links