Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Next?

sizzla538

don't worry about it mate, you've not done anything to effect the running of your car!!

you still got the stock 'cold air intake'??

lol. like luke says. DONT worry. its only a bit of sound deadening. majority of the ts guys have removed all of it to increase the loudness. was considering putting mine back on :o

the spacers came! :rolleyes:

imag01763617498.jpg

imag0175a.jpg

it was very wide but it looked silly. like some kind of pickup truck being that high! lmao.

needless to say i tool them off.

blimey, wide it is! the rear shots not very clear, but how far out compared to hte arch lip were they? it looks almost like they were just at the right width to destroy some paint/metal work on bigger bumps....

question is, will they be going back on when its lowered? :P

my spoiler finally came! :D im really happy with the look. its sorted out that chunky back end good and proper.

imag01773627550.jpg

imag01783636757.jpg

imag01793643826.jpg

imag01803651301.jpg

imag01813661818.jpg

imag01823673712.jpg

imag01833681733.jpg

imag01843690794.jpg

imag01853700728.jpg

imag01863709422.jpg

used about 3 coats of primer, 5 coats of satin black and then 3 coats of clear laquer. i think using gloss its hard to get an even finish with black. but satin works a treat!

some little f*cker erected my wipers today. no harm done i guess. but then i noticed the plastic nut cover has been removed :(

imag01893604886.jpg

imag01883719664.jpg

anywhere i can get a newe one without buying the whole arm? gutted :(

scrappy! send them those pics and theyl sort you out for a couple o'quid and a stamp.

also.... satin black then laquor? say what now............ lol. was it a satin laquor too?

does the tail pipes point downwards a bit???? twins dont work on the corolla a nice oval or round will though...send the pin stripe packing but apart from that its going well

lol thanks for the coments.

the reason i used satin was not to achieve satin finish, i used it because without the gloss intergrated in the paint i can get a much more even finish. i tried in gloss first and it came out really patchy with some bits gloss, some not, some bits a grey colour. it was Halfords paint though so maybe thats why.

and yeah the exhaust is just a tip that came with the car that i couldnt undo at the time cus the bolts were rusted on :( il have another go today.

p.s. anyone know how to take the stripe off without messing up the paint? lol

the spacers were still under the wheel arch at the top, just. so no they would have been fine for the paint. but for the wheel bearings? nah i dont wanna mess those up. the handling did feel stiller at the rear, but i was scared id hit a bump and bend my bolts. dont think they will be going on ever again. haha. ah well its all trial and error yes?

my girfriend will be gutted that the stripe is comimng off though... bit scared lol!

shes naked! much sleeker now. why the hell have i been driving that around feeling embarrassed when stopped in trafffic when it looked so much better without!

stripeless is most deffinately the way forward chap!

fair play on the paint. gloss finishes can be a pain in the *****. Halfords painbts offend me, you can usually find a local panel shop or auto paint supplier who will do you a colour match rattle can or any other colour in their books. they have a propper fanned disperal. although still not as good as a propper paint gun/compressor, its def good enough for smaller items. id say the rear wing is as big as 'id go thats for sure.

preperation is key aswell. the slightest imperfection comes straight through every time and by the final coats of lacquer you start to think the worst.

thankyou very much for the nice words lads. much appreciated. tried putting a black roof vinyl on the other day... big mistake! was sooo !Removed! windy! id got one side on and cut in, was starting on the other side when it blew off onto the floor and got loads of grit and dust stuck to it. lol. nevermind eh? better off taking it to a pro. il just have to wait til i have a spare 100 quid. which will be a while after recent spends

i know a man who works in car wraps, signage, vinyl stickers etc.......... but that wouldnt help you as im mean and wont tell you who they are. hahaha.

but i totaly agree, vinyl sections as big as the roof are totally DIY'able, but for hte peace of mind that theres going to be no air bubbles and no grit, dust under it, a pro is a good move!

theres only 2 stickers on my car these days, and they are yellow 'LIVESTRONG' ones my uncle made up for me! :P

dammit i mentioned said persons name! haha

car looks awesome man, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

i was wondering if you could tell me how you fitted the spoiler and how much it cost you?

i've got the same spoiler and it just needs fitting

again your car looks great :D

cheers mate

hi mste, sorry i thought i replied to this on my phone but it must not have worked.

i just glued the spoiler on with tigerseal, really easy mate. it feels very solid now its fully dry. great fit too. cheers for the link to that spoiler mate! :)

are you gonna have it sprayed to matcvh the body or spray yourself?

hi mste, sorry i thought i replied to this on my phone but it must not have worked.

i just glued the spoiler on with tigerseal, really easy mate. it feels very solid now its fully dry. great fit too. cheers for the link to that spoiler mate! :)

are you gonna have it sprayed to matcvh the body or spray yourself?

no worries mate

i was stuck between just using glue or bolting it on but now that your saying it feels solid after being glued on, i think im going to take your route :)....hopefully it dont come off while driving at high speeds or over pumps lol

how long shall i wait for the glue to dry and the spoiler to be perfect before i drive the car?

also where to i apply the tigerseal?

sorry for all the questions

i've got the spoiler sprayed to my cars body colour, it just needs fitting which i may do tomorow as i have tigerseal

again thanks a bunch for the reply, your a star :thumbsup:

underneath on thne horizontal that touches the car. best thing to do is to offer it up to the car and then youl see! just dont go too far onto the curved bit and defiately dont go on the wiper washer hole! lol i just zigzagged that area with lots of glue remembering not to go too close to the edges. the glue grabbed instantly then i just wedged a folded pair of socks under the back bit against the glass to keep it up while it dried overnight. i was driving around the next day but it was still a little wobbly if you touched it. after a couple of days thoough it was rock solid.

just remember the front edge should be butted up to the roof, and the back edge next to the glass will have a gap of about 7mm

cant wait to see some pics :) good luck!

imag01953410118.jpg

imag01923428961.jpg

my springs came from germany last week. about 4 or 5 days after ordering. cant believe i have to wait till may to get them on :( blimey

those led sidelights are brighter than my fogs haha

underneath on thne horizontal that touches the car. best thing to do is to offer it up to the car and then youl see! just dont go too far onto the curved bit and defiately dont go on the wiper washer hole! lol i just zigzagged that area with lots of glue remembering not to go too close to the edges. the glue grabbed instantly then i just wedged a folded pair of socks under the back bit against the glass to keep it up while it dried overnight. i was driving around the next day but it was still a little wobbly if you touched it. after a couple of days thoough it was rock solid.

just remember the front edge should be butted up to the roof, and the back edge next to the glass will have a gap of about 7mm

cant wait to see some pics :) good luck!

thanks a bunch mate, will follow your instructions and hopefully it works out perfect :D

and im defo going to get some pics up in my build thread post

thanks for everything :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links