Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Start To A Relationship

mbellinger

"You should get a survey from Toyota UK in a week or two asking you how the experience went (I'm filling mine in now)."

Does this apply to all new Toyotas bought in thre U.K.? I've had nothing, it's three months since purchased. :no:

I assume it does! I've had one for every Toyota I've bought over the last 25 years, call the dealer and ask where the new owner survey is, it may have got lost in the post!

I get a survey every time I visit the dealer, both from the dealer itself and Toyota direct!

I'm feeling left out and neglected now! :crybaby: Maybe they know most of my feedback will be criticisms? B)

Here in the US, all new Toyotas are delivered with a full tank. It's printed on the window sticker under Standard Features:

sticker.jpg

Lol, yeah but you guys pay a fraction of the price for petrol that we do over here! You don't have a money-grabbing government that thinks the motorist has a bottomless pocket :thumbsup:

It's been a long time since any dealer has given away a fulll tank of petrol some don't even give more than a 1 year warranty!!!!

hi jan&tone,

in yesterdays local paper someone wrote they han just come back from belgiem and paid there £1.39 a ltr.for petrol.

so we are not alone in being ripped off.

I'm just waiting for some bu**er to tell us it's an EU directive that petrol should be 3 times the price of the US.... :thumbsup:

Funny how the Americans drive 8 litre juggernauts and get cheap fuel yet we get punished for driving economical cars :angry:

Funny how the Americans drive 8 litre juggernauts and get cheap fuel yet we get punished for driving economical cars

You got it in one! It's funny how European governments, led by ours, all believe 1000 percent that global warming will flood the northern hemisphere next month if they don't pollute the landscape with blood6 great windmills and price people off the roads, whereas the Americans and Chinese, the biggest polluters, couldn't care less.....

Rant over, back to the topic :thumbsup:

I purchased a brand new Toyota Aygo Blue back in October 2010 (replacing by 10 year old Ford KA) which came with a full tank of fuel without me having to haggle for it, I also got free car mats.

Unfortunately that is not all I got, my new Aygo also came with various rattles and creaks and in the 3 months I owned my Aygo it went back to the dealer 5 times, all under warranty. They managed to eliminate all but one permanent creaking in the passenger dashboard so I have now exchanged my Toyota Aygo and upgraded to a Toyota Yaris T-Spirit which I picked up on Monday. I know it was more money but the dealer gave me an excellent deal which made it worth it, I would never buy an Aygo again because of the constantly rattling I experienced. I am just hoping that I was just unlucky with my Aygo.

My one piece of advice would be to get an engineer to come out with you for a test drive once they have fixed your car to ensure you are 100% happy before you drive it away from the forecourt and if not, don't drive it away until you are 100% happy.

Whilst the quality of the Aygo I purchased was not up to standard I cannot fault the dealer who provided me with excellent service.

Round Two

I returned from my business trip last night. The dealer telephoned me this morning to say that my brand new car was "all fixed now", and could I please collect it this evening.

This was a push for me (I do not usually get home from work until 7.30-8.00pm) and involved a fairly breakneck motorbike ride back from London's West End to get to the dealership for 6.00pm as instructed.

A guy from the service department came out and explained the following to me:

* the squealing noise on bends had turned out to be the front brake disc back plate unsecured and fouling the disc when the left hand front wheel loaded up (i.e., turning to the right).

* the rattle from the rear centre of the dash had been eliminated.

* anti-rattle modification kits had been fitted to both front screen pillars (the chap said this had to be done on almost every Aygo).

* the cacophany from the headlining area was a "well known" fault (his words), and is caused by the sunvisors rattling in their clips. Apparently Toyota are tooling new sunvisors and clips to cure this. They will be available in March and my car will be returned FOC when they arrive for them to be fitted.

I was then told to wait whilst my car was brought around. Having raced to the garage, after 20 odd minutes still no car. Then, eventually it appeared absolutely filthy dirty (remember this was a brand new car!). At this point I have to admit to a complete loss of control and I demanded to see the Dealer Principal. He was helpful, and offered me his own car whilst mine was cleaned, but I explained that I had made a real effort to get there and that I was sick of the car, the dealer and the whole thing by that stage; and all I wanted to do, please, was go home.

We have agreed to speak tomorrow for what it is worth, when I imagine Round Three of this saga will commence.

By way of completeness, on the short drive home, the only remaining rattles were from the headlining. I am fed up though.

Surely you could ask them why it's dirty? There's no reason why it should be.

Out of interest, which dealer is this? You should probably name names! There's no excuse for poor service, especially when most Toyota dealers provide exemplary service!

Glad you got most of the problems fixed, as far as the pillars go, our Aygo does not rattle anywhere (only the false teeth on our lovely smooth roads) however as far as why it was dirty... Firstly i would have expected the car to have been road tested. The roads are damp and filthy after the weather we have been having. My Prius was spotless on Saturday at 8am, we travelled 2 miles to get some petrol before we went away for the weekend and by the time we got to the filling station the car (white as you can see from my signature) was filthy!

It obviously got worse over the weekend....

My point is this, if the dealer road tested your car after doing the work, it would have got dirty!

Personally i NEVER let my dealer wash or valet my car, i don't trust them to do it as good as i would and they know it after many years of our relationship. Your dealer obviously wanted to get the car back to you asap, which is as it should be, and anyway, even had your car been clean, by the time you got it home would it have been??

:thumbsup:

Round Two

I returned from my business trip last night. The dealer telephoned me this morning to say that my brand new car was "all fixed now", and could I please collect it this evening.

This was a push for me (I do not usually get home from work until 7.30-8.00pm) and involved a fairly breakneck motorbike ride back from London's West End to get to the dealership for 6.00pm as instructed.

A guy from the service department came out and explained the following to me:

* the squealing noise on bends had turned out to be the front brake disc back plate unsecured and fouling the disc when the left hand front wheel loaded up (i.e., turning to the right).

* the rattle from the rear centre of the dash had been eliminated.

* anti-rattle modification kits had been fitted to both front screen pillars (the chap said this had to be done on almost every Aygo).

* the cacophany from the headlining area was a "well known" fault (his words), and is caused by the sunvisors rattling in their clips. Apparently Toyota are tooling new sunvisors and clips to cure this. They will be available in March and my car will be returned FOC when they arrive for them to be fitted.

I was then told to wait whilst my car was brought around. Having raced to the garage, after 20 odd minutes still no car. Then, eventually it appeared absolutely filthy dirty (remember this was a brand new car!). At this point I have to admit to a complete loss of control and I demanded to see the Dealer Principal. He was helpful, and offered me his own car whilst mine was cleaned, but I explained that I had made a real effort to get there and that I was sick of the car, the dealer and the whole thing by that stage; and all I wanted to do, please, was go home.

We have agreed to speak tomorrow for what it is worth, when I imagine Round Three of this saga will commence.

By way of completeness, on the short drive home, the only remaining rattles were from the headlining. I am fed up though.

Hi I am surprised at your faults/problems My Go is spot on and my wife’s 2007 Aygo has given faultless service apart from a slight oil leak that most people would not notice (soon to be fixed) hope you get it sorted

Personally i NEVER let my dealer wash or valet my car, i don't trust them to do it as good as i would and they know it after many years of our relationship.

Thought I was the only one !

Ian.

Personally i NEVER let my dealer wash or valet my car, i don't trust them to do it as good as i would and they know it after many years of our relationship.

Thought I was the only one !

Ian.

There are two reasons for my reluctance, firstly if I wash and polish (when necessary) my or my wifes car, I know what shampoo and polish has been used, I always wash under the sills and behind them, wheel arches are also done at the same time, every time!

Secondly, it gives me an overview of any scratches left by inconsiderate twits who find it impossible to park or open their doors properly or carefully in car parks... I've even seen trolleys in supermarket carparks being left to run into the side/back/front of the car parked next to the lovely owners own vehicle...

Neither of the above two reasons would occur if others washed my cars - hence I don't let them wash it!

Simples :thumbsup:

it gives me an overview of any scratches left by inconsiderate twits

You should use your spell checker Tone, I'm sure you have made a mistake, doesnt twits have an A in it? :lol::naughty:

it gives me an overview of any scratches left by inconsiderate twits

You should use your spell checker Tone, I'm sure you have made a mistake, doesnt twits have an A in it? :lol::naughty:

lol - indeed it does, but I wasn't sure how much the censors would let through :yahoo:

Interestingly, but not surprisingly (given my experiences so far), the dealer made no further attempt to contact me and has not done so to this day.

I have therefore taken the matter up with Toyota UK at Epsom, and we will see whether they give a toss about customer relations or not; as Jemca certainly don't.

I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, the car is running well, and has done a couple of longer journeys now. The engine is beginning to loosen up. The interior still rattles and I have to put up with the dealers rather inelegant gaffer tape solution on the sunvisors until the new parts arrive in March.

In the recent rains, the nearside rear lamp cluster has filled with moisture and condensation, so is clearly not sealed properly.

Early analysis suggests the fuel consumption is not within a country mile of the claims, though I will wait until the engine has fully loosened up before declaring a position on that.

Some irritations specific to the Go! model:

The telephone calls come out of the passenger door speaker - why? Because Toyota could not bear to pay the 12p it would cost to run the wiring to the drivers door on RHD models. So, to hear a phone call you have to turn the unit to max volume (unless you are virtually stationary) and then when you hang up the sat-nav is bellowing at you so you have to immediately crank it down again - utterly stupid.

The sat nav unit is very fiddly indeed to remove from the cradle, unless you are blessed with finger nails like Wanda the Wicked Witch.

A carry case for the nav unit would be a nice idea.

When the iPod is plugged in you can ONLY control it via the head unit. This is a pain especially if your 13 year old son wishes to select the music!

The interior light working off of the drivers door only is an unbelieveable nuisance in everyday life.

The overall impression is of a vehicle that for the sake of a very few tiny improvements, could be near perfect. As it is, the ship is spoiled by a hapenth of tar.

Aygo is cheap and cheerful fun city car, if fun has parted your life then this car will annoy you, you would be better in a car which wraps you in bubble wrap takes you away from the idea of driving than an Aygo a true drivers car i love the fact i can hear all the rattles and everything going on in my car from gear changes i enjoy it :) my Aygo makes me feel happy and enjoy driving

The telephone calls come out of the passenger door speaker - why? Because Toyota could not bear to pay the 12p it would cost to run the wiring to the drivers door on RHD models. So, to hear a phone call you have to turn the unit to max volume (unless you are virtually stationary) and then when you hang up the sat-nav is bellowing at you so you have to immediately crank it down again - utterly stupid.

I have noticed this too, it's very irratating. I can't hear a single word anyone is saying. Does turning the sat nav up turn the in-call volume up too?

I have noticed this too, it's very irratating. I can't hear a single word anyone is saying. Does turning the sat nav up turn the in-call volume up too?

Interesting one this, I don't have satnav in our Aygo Blue, but the bluetooth comes from the right hand speaker in ours - cuts the volume of the radio from the RH speaker at the same time so the driver can hear it perfectly, but the passenger can't

I wonder if it's the workers on the assembly line getting their own back 'cos we drive 'on the wrong side of the road' :yahoo:

" i love the fact i can hear all the rattles and everything going on in my car from gear changes i enjoy it"

Then with the greatest of respect you are the type of car buyer that every manufacturer and dealer dream of. Poor build and materials should not be expected or tolerated. I think a lot of people now too readily accept these and not complain. If more complaints and non acceptance were thrown at them then manufacturers would take notice. Toyota bleat on about "quality" and unfortunately the products are not up to their claims.

I drove a courtesy Aygo recently, in my opinion,it was quite frankly awful. It was actually almost a pleasure to get back into my Yaris!

" i love the fact i can hear all the rattles and everything going on in my car from gear changes i enjoy it"

Then with the greatest of respect you are the type of car buyer that every manufacturer and dealer dream of. Poor build and materials should not be expected or tolerated. I think a lot of people now too readily accept these and not complain. If more complaints and non acceptance were thrown at them then manufacturers would take notice. Toyota bleat on about "quality" and unfortunately the products are not up to their claims.

I drove a courtesy Aygo recently, in my opinion,it was quite frankly awful. It was actually almost a pleasure to get back into my Yaris!

Seeing as you're commenting on an AYGO thread, I'll give my opinion. I sat in a Yaris and found it to be thoroughly plasticky with clunky controls. The Aygo is simple but everything is screwed together well, and it feels much more honest and cheerful than the Yaris does. I had an Auris as a courtesy car and though it was quite plush, it was nowhere near as fun or engaging as the Aygo.

With regards to the original poster of this thread, I hope you get it sorted. But you sound ever so slightly as if you're preparing to purposely have an argument. Didn't you ring them the next day when they failed to phone you?... I know they should've phoned but really, they might be thinking things are improving with regards to your car/experience. I hope you get it sorted with Toyota though. Oh and with regards to fuel consumption, you do have to drive economically to achieve good results, and you won't be getting the best out of it for a good few months yet... the engine will loosen soon enough. Anything below 50mpg means you're probably not driving as economically as possible.

Anyway I'm enjoying my Aygo 14 months in. 60 MPG, minimal tyre wear, comfortable driving experience.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links