Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go Rev Counter

WAYNEOLEEDS

Guys and Gals

Anyone that can help me out with part numbers or places where I can go to get the necessaries to fit a rev counter to my new AYGO Go would be great !

Having trouble with Toyota and Peugeot asking questions when I just want the prices :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WAYNEOLEEDS

• Jan van de Wouw

• n4t3

• geezbeez

My daughter fitted a rev counter to her Aygo when she had one, she did this a little over 2 years ago. I am sure that the price, at that time, was about £120 for the whole kit. This was from our local Peugeot dealer.

Guys and Gals

Anyone that can help me out with part numbers or places where I can go to get the necessaries to fit a rev counter to my new AYGO Go would be great !

Having trouble with Toyota and Peugeot asking questions when I just want the prices :)

Wayne click here for everything you need including a new cowling, (otherwise you have to cut the old one). Takes 5 mins to remove old cowling plug in the rev counter and replace the new cowling. Very easy job. I ordered from this site but you might find it a little cheaper elsewhere?

PS the Aygo, Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1 rev counters etc are identical :thumbsup:

Hardly a special offer at £142 :rolleyes:

Buy it off Kingo and save £'s

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hardly a special offer at £142 :rolleyes:

Buy it off Kingo and save £'s

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo what price do you sell it for... For a Blue if possible

PM Sent

Prices vary over time so I dont post them up in the original thread, otherwise 5 years down the line I get customers wanting to buy at turn of the century prices :lol:

They are all black now, they used to do different colours for different models, not any more :thumbsup:

Well I say black, more like anthracite, dark grey ish

no the part is generic and grey.

you can however take the surround off and paint it if your any good at spraying :) ive bught one for my new aygo go ..(when it comes) and got it from a dealer selling one from Peugeot (was a mate of mine and did it for 75 quid all in)

I found a digital after market rev counter for a pittance compared to the standard one.

Which incidentally I like better than the Toyota one which I dont like because it so much of a copy of the Mini rev counter.

Usefully it can be set for 3 as well as 4,6, or 8 cylinders.

Very small think 35mm radius. Can fit at the side of the speedo, in the centre console its really so small. Wrist watch size.

Only arrived today in the post.

Now if I fit this I need to work out which of the 3 wires is which on the connector under the cowling.

Will try fitting at the weekend. Probably cost nearly as much for a connector as the REV counter but there you go.

The rev counter connection wires on the Aygo are:

RED: +12V w/ Ignition

BROWN: Ground

BLACK: Rev-signal

GREEN & BLUE: Illumination & Reset

Tested my aftermarket rev counter (which supports 3 pots),

Displayed ticking over at 1060 on cold engine which Im sure was correct.

expect about 900 tickover warm.

Will fit propperly tonight.

Will cost under £30 fitted.

OK, I fiddled about a bit before final fitting.

I decided not to use the supplied bracket at all (shown in earlier photos) , and bolted straight to the cowling, made a small hole in the cowling to attach, approx 4mm dia' nothing that would be noticed, could be plugged with a bung if Tacho removed.

To side mount like this the back plate of the tacho needs flipped to prevent the wire snagging on exit and the circuit rotated 90 degrees. The wire can also be exited through the side of the Tacho straight through the cowling for neetest fit but that meens making a second hole in the cowling and its barely necessary as its already a neet fit. 3" wire out the back that you cant even see from any angle sitting in the car does not harm. Also on fitting if the fitting screw is inserted too far it will snag the circuit so you need a washer on the inside of the cowling, you can use the spring washer and mounting screw that would connect the tacho to the unnecessary mounting bracket. (Edit add) The tacho came with double sided sticky pad to place under the mount bracket. cut a couple of small pieces and place either side of the screw hole to be clamped between tacho and binacle/cowling. That way tacho will not work loose/ be able to turn around.

This Tacho fitted has red(+) blue(sig) and black(-) wires. Detailed in instructions. Always check instructions for this information as aftermarket stuff may possibly change from batch to batch.

Toyota aygo has red,blue,black,brown, green.

Aygo green,blue for ilumination , not required.

Aygo red(+), black(sig) and brown (-)

I connected wires with 3 snap over connectors.

Looks good so long as you dont have aversion to purple.

Tacho may also be fitted under the illuminated heater section of the centre console, top mounted but wires would need extended.

If you want to do it this way you can acompany with matching volt meter, oil pressure, oil temp. Priced around £20 a gauge possibly cheaper if you buy more than one gauge.

Cant see them advertized at the moment because place I bought tacho from has not listed them on the site yet.

Another possible location for fitting, I concidered mounting where the drivers side tweeter is. I disabled my tweeters because the stock items were rubbish and after replacing the front speekers with dual driver uniots the tweetes should be disabled. Hey I actually think I used the snap connectors toyota connected the tweeters with to connect the tacho.

New photos attached.

post-93033-0-85819500-1297429223_thumb.j

post-93033-0-01293600-1297429233_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links