Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transverse Roof Bars

geomowat

At long last I have gone to fit the transverse roof bars (factory accessory) that came with my 4.1 and am puzzled as to how they fit. The screwed 'T-ended' pieces that come down when the lockable covers are lifted do not extend below the bottom face of the bar mounts and thus cannot protrude into the holes in the roof that are designed to accept the fitting.

Looking at the order of the bits and pieces from the bottom face of the bar mounts, it is: T-piece, cross piece it screws into, black plastic distance piece, locknut. Not only do the T-pieces not stick out enough to locate into the roof fitting, I noticed that when the cover is fully open and the T-pieces fully descended, closing the cover does not easily allow the screwed T-piece to be pulled up without jamming.

Are there some missing links between the anchor built into the roof and these T-pieces?

By the way, I noticed the earlier posting about copying the keys that lock these covers, in my case the key number was stamped on the barrel and the spare was supplied at modest cost by the local Toyota dealer.

Best wishes,

George

I bought some genuine Toyota Roof bars for my 4.1 recently and effectively you should have 6 parts, two roof bars and 4 black metal transition pieces. Each of the black metal pieces fit between the roof bar “t pieces and the roof fixings.

I might have the fitting instructions somewhere, but failing that I will take some photos tomorrow

Regards

effectively you should have 6 parts, two roof bars and 4 black metal transition pieces. Each of the black metal pieces fit between the roof bar "t pieces and the roof fixings.

I might have the fitting instructions somewhere, but failing that I will take some photos tomorrow

Many thanks Mstock3, clearly the 4 black metal transition pieces did not make it from the original owner to my ownership! I thought I was being really daft in not being able to see how to fit these, but if there are missing pieces, then this would make sense.

I am really grateful for your offer.

I wonder if these can still be purchased somewhere?

Best wishes,

George

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links