Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Now An Illuminated Glove Box!

ianblue

Having fitted a boot light and a passengers courtesy light I have now lit up my glove box. If I keep this up I'll bring it up to the standard of my last car!

I was looking for a small light that could be tucked away but everything I looked at was just too bulky, so I bought an LED pocket torch at a couple of pounds and cut off the business end. I made up a clip and secured it in place. A trip to Maplin secured a suitable micro switch and a resistor from my box of electronic spares allowed me to run it from the car Battery rather than AA batteries.

The Aygo Blue came without a glove-box lid but I bought one on eBay.

post-88909-0-68920800-1299435378_thumb.j

Have you got any how too guides or instructions . As these are the main things doing my head in .

Have you got any how too guides or instructions . As these are the main things doing my head in .

Sure, no time tonight but will post details tomorrow

That's great I'm particular interests in the boot and internal lights glove box can be done later :) cheers!

That's great my particular interests are in the boot and internal lights glove box can be done later :) cheers!

The bit that flashes the light and has a bulb and wires in it perhaps???? .....

TO FIT A BOOT LIGHT.

We need to connect to a permanent supply. I have chosen the interior light. There may be easier places but I don't have a wiring digram.

1. Ease the interior light away with a screwdriver.

2.Cut the blue wire and solder bullet connectors to each end, then insert into a double bullet female connector. ( Halfords)

Halfords provide other means of connecting into a cable but I prefer soldering.

3. Ease the plastic trim away from the post ( snaps on and off). Then ease roof lining down a little and insert a straightened wire coat hanger, looped over at the end. Push this gently towards the interior light hole where a 5amp cable is attached and pulled back, run cable down the post and poke through the dash. Clip to existing cables with tie-wraps ( stops rattles)and conceal behind trim. Prise up door weather strip and carpet edge. At this point if you want a passenger courtesy switch include another cable to run from the driver's door switch to the passenger's door switch.Continue to run the feed cable behind the trim to emerge in the boot offside. The numberplate light and the switch are both available from Halfords.

4. Connect cable into light (any terminal) and another from the other terminal to the switch. Connect to swith using a single female bullet connector and into the blue cable connection, at the interior light.

Finally you will need to make up two small brackets to secure both light and switch as shown.

Good luck.

post-88909-0-29201400-1299522435_thumb.j

post-88909-0-23897200-1299522486_thumb.j

post-88909-0-62820400-1299522555_thumb.j

post-88909-0-34313900-1299522600_thumb.j

post-88909-0-46331800-1299522724_thumb.j

Nice writeup, but If you're going to run the wires down through the A-pillar you might as well connect the wiring in

the A-pillar as well: the loom to the interior light runs through the A-pillar ans is easier to access because of that...

Nice writeup, but If you're going to run the wires down through the A-pillar you might as well connect the wiring in

the A-pillar as well: the loom to the interior light runs through the A-pillar ans is easier to access because of that...

Good point. Is it the nearside or ofside pillar? Maybe could be picked up below that under dash? Must have a look later.

I'm not sure to be honest. Nearside and Offside keeps confusing me since I'm used to a LHD car...

On my LHD car the wiring for the domelight is on the lefthand side (driversside)

and the antenna-lead runs down the righthand (passenger) side.

But since the wiring looms on RHD cars are basically "flipped over"

for most part it might be the other way around in the UK.

Looking at your pictures I think the loom runs to the

right, so in the UK that would be the driversside.

I'm not sure to be honest. Nearside and Offside keeps confusing me since I'm used to a LHD car...

On my LHD car the wiring for the domelight is on the lefthand side (driversside)

and the antenna-lead runs down the righthand (passenger) side.

But since the wiring looms on RHD cars are basically "flipped over"

for most part it might be the other way around in the UK.

Looking at your pictures I think the loom runs to the

right, so in the UK that would be the driversside.

I've had a look at this. Yes the pillar is closer but the wires are run within a plastic conduit which would make it difficult to connect into. If I were doing it again I would still connect at the interior light. It was straightforward enough. In fact I repeated the same method on the other side when I installed my boot-light. The double female bullet connector came in handy with the extra way.

Cheers

I agree the plastic tubing can be a bit ackward, but if you follow it down you'll see a plug next to the speaker,

undo this and the nearest bracket holding the tupe to the A-pillar and you can access the wiring pretty easy.

If you solder instead of using crimp-connectors your connections take up less space too, so that won't be a problem either...

Should you but tha "new" OEM footwell-illumination: Toyota connect these up at that exact same

plug by undoing it and plugging in an small extension with wires tapping off from the plugs...

I agree the plastic tubing can be a bit ackward, but if you follow it down you'll see a plug next to the speaker,

undo this and the nearest bracket holding the tupe to the A-pillar and you can access the wiring pretty easy.

If you solder instead of using crimp-connectors your connections take up less space too, so that won't be a problem either...

Should you but tha "new" OEM footwell-illumination: Toyota connect these up at that exact same

plug by undoing it and plugging in an small extension with wires tapping off from the plugs...

Thats interesting. Getting one's hands on that extension plug would be very handy. Also , coincidence that you should mention ( Footwell illumination) I was thinking about that myself. Should look good when your passenger enters the car. Might well be my next project!

Have a look at the AIM HERE

The lead I was referring to IS a separate part, Part "B" on page 6...

Maybe you'll be able to source one from your dealer?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links