Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stand Up For Your T-Sport

pimp1chez

ok so its seems all the know it alls on pistonheads know more about our than we do ,i actually posted to try and defend it ,who is with me ?

clicky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pimp1chez

• reidy

• Uber_Luke

• dangermooser

To be fair I'd say most people on their are absolutely right? It is the worst amongst its competitors, that's why they depreciate so bad and that's why we all bought one right?

They do have roly poly handling, ridiculous gear ratios and are generally quite boring. I bought mine because it was a cheaper alternative to the CTR/Celica, and I understood that the reduced price reflected the reduced capability tbh. Great value is what the CTS presents, it's not a true hot hatch competitor IMO.

here is what i said

ok heres my view on it , i brought mine last sept ,for 2400 76k and 12month mot and 6month tax

heres my run down on it :

HANDLING & RIDE

if you want sharp dynamics out of the box your better of lookin elsewhere ,or you can mod it like me .

I have dropped mine 40mm on apex springs ,its transformed the car handling wise yes it still understeers but its not to the extremes of the Qe2 anymore. i will be getting a front strut to tighten things up a bit more and that should sort it.

highly comfortable even with the stiff , i did london to manchester in 1 hit the other week and wasnt tired

SEATS

ok these arent designed to be "sporty" there grandad spec comfy great if your that age but im 22 so as soon i get a chance some recaros out of a evo4 will go in

RELIABILITY

no timing belt or turbos to worry about and its a toyota ,service it on time and it will last longer the sun

ENGINE

ok lets talk about this supposed lack of torque ,yes the peak of 133lbft hits around 6000rpm but by then your going fast enough anyway.

think of the engine under 6200rpm as a normal 1.8 in anycar ,how would you drive in the real world ,ud change down from 5th to 3rd to get a move on you do that and stop being lazy it flies as you still get about 140bhp at 6100rpm

after the magical 6200rpm the engine goes schizophrenic all the way to 8200rpm redline ,by this time in 3rd your at very illegal speeds ,the noise may not be as hard as the vtec in the civic but its still a rich metalic noise

when my mrs told her dad that i brought a corolla ,he said thats a grandad car aint it?

this helps when you park it and out n about ,wondering eyes arent so drawn to it .

only downside is everyone in vag tdi cars try pulling away from you on the motorway slip road ,then you hit lift and land on there bumper lol

ok so to wrap things up ,its a solid reliable car ,with alot of performance when you need it ,its a great commuter if you dont look at the fuel gauge,its practical and an alternate way to hot hatch formula

Great post but just leave them to it, we know our cars great and that's all that matters really

lol just let them gripe, truth be told they really don't have any proper idea about them, or at least they haven't given it the proper chance.

I love the CTS because it is good fun on the twisties with the right tyres, but when you want to pootle along it is soft enough to relax.

KP

Mate I've just read through the whole thread.

It's useless trying to argue with them.

We all know the corolla has it's faults, but it's great value for money.

The type r is more expensive, got more power and cc and less weight so it is bound to be faster.

I just know I'm very happy with my t sport and would recommend it to any one looking in the hot hatch Market

Countless times I've had people asking about the t sport at Santa pod, they either have no idea about the t sport and once they have raced it they think its either a turbo or teo litre plus!! Ricc's time can show up most drivers in similar spec'd cars.

i know everyone asked me if its a turbo ,cus of the T

because its not as popular as a renaultpsort or type r or even a cooper s people disregard it straight away

right guys, i dont have a tsport but i think they are great cuz they are underestimated and a true sleeper, you look at a ctr n its obvious its going to be fast but a tsport is a real kick in the back

it keeps up or owns cars with more eg:

ctr- 2.0l, lighter

gti- 2.0l turbo mk5 or the 1.8t mk4

st- 2.0 or the newer 2.5 st

mazda3 mps- turbo

vxr- turbo

all in all the tsport is a great car and you should be a very proud owner even with the drawbacks that can be fixed :D

and its cheap so all the money you save, you can use it to make it even better aha

What a shame there are so many muppets out there!

TBF people are entitled to oppinion.

My brother has a remapped focus st...........300ftlb.

I could keep up with him in the real world......no Sh@t and he can drive too.

Bottom line is;

1. People are entitled to their opinion.

2. With a few mods of not huge sums of money, the T sport can be made into a sports hatch up there with the best in the class(My opinion).

But we all know this dont we!

I always say that the T-Sport is like you own two cars.

You want just to go for a smooth ride with the family? You change gears below 6.200 rpms and the car is behaving like any normal 1.8litter with plenty and adequate torque to move you around in dignity. (6200rpms is the rev limiter for other cars!).

You want to go for a sporty ride and feel the power? You get permission to take off from the local airport control tower, you exceed the 6.200 rpm barrier and therrrrrrrr you gooooooooo!

Not many cars can give you this option.

Personally I am quite happy for people to disregard the CTS it means the car is cheaper to buy (more money left for mods :thumbsup: )cheaper to insure and is therefore more fun when you have lift off

lol makes me laugh that PH thread

as said the corolla has the best of every thing, comfy when needed, fast when you want, big big boot, cheap insurance compared to the rest of the class, with a few cosmetic mods IMO one of the vest looking, only the CTS and focus st comes in a 5 door and only the cts comes with a cat 1 alarm as standard

i have drove most of the above mentioned cars and well

CTR the ride is harsh and very hard when you just want to chill, not as drivable as cts

clio sport- clutch is very heavy, not much room

corsa vxr - the most disappointing car i have drove, no feel in the steering and not that quick either

astra vxr - crappy handling and huge amounts of torque steer

focus rs - ££££££ pricey still

focus st - again pricey but a very good car the only one that comes close to the cts

and all of these cars will never return 40+ mpg like the rolla

none of them are perfect but to disregard the CTS!!!!

I read up to page three and got really anoyed, most of them are f*****g buttholes.

Yeah lets review a car i have not driven, i do not like clio 182's but dont tell people they are s**t.

If they drive a t-sport their opinon would go up.

Sorry for the rant but people like that really annoy me.

I read the whole thing and I think that it boils down to persoanl opinion and those individuals have larger opinions than most :thumbsup: Someone said on there that 250 hp was easily attainable in a compresser :blink:

I don't like VW's but you won't find me slagging them off I can see the benefits of any performance car so I would just rise above :thumbsup:

I read the whole thing and I think that it boils down to persoanl opinion and those individuals have larger opinions than most :thumbsup: Someone said on there that 250 hp was easily attainable in a compresser :blink:

I don't like VW's but you won't find me slagging them off I can see the benefits of any performance car so I would just rise above :thumbsup:

I have just read the whole thing too and I agree personal opinion rules, Before I bought my CTS I looked at loads of CTR's most were battered and bruised those that weren't cost a huge premium. TBH I probably paid £1.5k or so less for the CTS than the equivalent CTR and so have money to spend on making the car 'mine' I am enjoying the journey and love the car.

The criticism generally is that its a watered down/ softer equivalent of the CTR this suits me down to the ground and I still have my fillings in place, BTW I love VW's and have an old Golf GTI but they are both very different cars and hold affection for different reasons

I love the look you get when boy racers in there chaved up heaps realise it's not a normal corolla, they soon pull up behind you at the next set of lights!!

I dont see the point it spending extra cash on all the other motors out there when you can have just as much fun in a Tsport

I love the look you get when boy racers in there chaved up heaps realise it's not a normal corolla, they soon pull up behind you at the next set of lights!!

I dont see the point it spending extra cash on all the other motors out there when you can have just as much fun in a Tsport

its the fastest thing under insurance group 14 ,i cudnt find anything that was faster that had a lower insurance group :lol:

its the fastest thing under insurance group 14 ,i cudnt find anything that was faster that had a lower insurance group :lol:

I think that's the reason why we've all got em :lol:

The only thing I regret about my T sport is that I didn't buy a facelift model.

its the fastest thing under insurance group 14 ,i cudnt find anything that was faster that had a lower insurance group

the reason its group 14 insurance is because it has a insurance approved cat 1 alarm :D

toyota were very clever and wanted the car to appeal to a wider market so didnt want the high insurance premiums :thumbsup: the car is almost impossible to steal from what ive read

only things that are kinda quick for the same insurance group are things like the r5 gt, rs turbo, punto gt, startlet turbo some older golf turbos and a3 turbos, ibiza cupra but none come with the kit the t sport has or the all round quality feel and reliability

same here i wish i had picked a facelift, to make matters worse a month after i got mine the local dealer had a compressor in for £7500, gutted

same here i wish i had picked a facelift, to make matters worse a month after i got mine the local dealer had a compressor in for £7500, gutted

I wanted one like Lukes (silver facelift), but couldn't find one anywhere remotely local. So I bought my blue PFL (absolutely mint) and one month later a silver facelift appeared locally, same condition as mine but less money, as you say gutted lol

2 weeks before i got mine pfl , a pre facelift 54plate appeard on trader at 2200 ,was a catd reapired ,need boot struts ,had 70k on iirc

anyway he was in brum ,and i was onli down the road at my mrs at the time,haggled him down on the fone to 1850

then i realised i needed to pay my rent the next day and i didnt have a overdraft facility at the time ,was gutted :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links