Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Missed My 2Nd Year Service.

DougKitty

I have just realised I missed my 2nd year service,and do not know how I missed it. What are the consequences, what type of service should i go for now full or intermediate ??? plus this is the first MOT due. Has there been, or does anyone think, damage done to the engine running the car over this period with no service? The mileage is 14,375 miles over the 3 years I did have the first year service done. Will the warranty be invalidated by this ???? I will not be selling the car anytime soon as I think it is a great wee car.

You wont have done any damage at all, travelling 14k miles in 3 years is next to nothing. The only problem you might have is if by chance something goes wrong with the engine in the future Toyota may not cover it under the warranty...

It is unlikely to cause any damage to the engine, however from a warranty point of view, you must have your car serviced to the manufacturers standards at the correct intervals. IF you had an engine problem in or outside of warranty, then Toyota would be within their rights not to honour it, it is very important to stick to service schedules as and when they are due

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well seeing as your car is now nearly 3 years old, surely the warranty being prejudiced is a moot point?

Silly question, but how can you 'miss' a service? surely it comes around with the renewal of the insurance?

"Silly question, but how can you 'miss' a service? surely it comes around with the renewal of the insurance? "

Only if you get insurance to start when you change your vehicle. My inusrance is due in June. My last four cars have been registered in March, April, July and October!

Silly question, but how can you 'miss' a service? surely it comes around with the renewal of the insurance?

Also depends where you buy your car. My first couple of cars the garage I bought the car from always sent me a letter. This didnt happen with my Aygo as I bought if from a Daihatsu garage. (A woman had traded her Aygo in for a Daihatsu). I never recieved a letter from them.

Its also up to the vehicle keepers responsibility too. You manual does show service interbals something like:

First service at 20,000 or 2 years which ever comes first, so I dont think missing your second service should be something to worry about. 14k is very low.

Thanks to you all for your comments, most helpfull. I bought the car in August of 2008 & it had been first registered by the dealership in the April that year ( I bought the dmonstrator car) thats why the service is due then as opposed to when my insurace is due which is in August. The dealer did send me a letter in the april last year as I remember Re. the service I must have just put it in the bin thinking yes I must do that...... and promply forgot all about it. Thanks again Guys

Affecting the warranty when it is almost over is not really a moot point as a previous post noted. Even when the warranty is up, manufacturers may offer goodwill payments towards repairs of expensive items. However, this goodwill would depend on whether the car was properly serviced.

Don't know how things work in the UK, but here the local dealer sent us a letter for my wifes Rav 4 for a pre end of warranty inspection to see if anything needed to be remedied before the warranty ran out.

Even if you have missed the previous service, I'd suggest you get it serviced as soon as possible, preferably by a trusted local toyota dealer.

"local dealer sent us a letter for my wifes Rav 4 for a pre end of warranty inspection to see if anything needed to be remedied before the warranty ran out."

- That's impressive Kevin. The only time they contact me is to sell me another car

Well, one could be cynical about it and think they were just trying to get warranty work for themselves, but I think it is a good idea, as there may be something not obvious to the owner that would show up in the inspection. It means it gets remedied under the warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links