Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go! Rear Tinted Window?

aygoblue123

Saw the new Aygo Go today and the rear window has the most incredible tint to it.

Limo black and slightly reflective, looks the beans!!

I'm guessing this hasnt had a film applied and the glass itself is tinted?

Wondering wether Mr T could have this done to older models for a price? its the same window dimentions just a new glass so wonder wether its possible to get them to fit it.

Plus you dont notice the orange strips of the heating element which you do on any film tinted rear windows i have seen, and i dont know wether anyone agrees it looks naf..?!

If anyone has any information or has asked mr T then please say so :) :thumbsup:

I would guess that the glass itself is tinted. It does look very well.

I have a go, I am not sure how its done, cant see any film on the windows. Its not as dark on the inside, and is useful at night as it dims the bright headlights in the rear view mirrow! I agree that it looks good. I was going to get a white go, as that looks really nice with the black, but \i was concerned that white is a fashion colour and I might look like a cheap footballer! went for Carbon quartz instead!

Red with black is stunning that's why got it . It's factory tinted glass and it's a spray from what the technician told me. Costs about 400 for the rear piece

The glass itsself IS tinted. You can see this quite easily: the rear defogger wires aren't visible from the outside!

In The Netherlands a tinted rear window is about €60 more than a "plain" one, so it's cheaper than having it

tinted with film too! The glass has a different part#, but I unfortunately don;t have the actual number...

Just as i thought jan, looks so much smarter it tinted so the defogger wires aren't visble and makes the overall image look neater.

I will speak to Mr T on monday to enquire for the part number, prices and whether they'd even do it?!

If they dont i will http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/crybaby.gif

Here's an example before and after (same car):

zoekplaatje.jpg

I looks quite nice I must say!

No, not mine. Car belongs to a member of our Dutch forum.

He's partsmanager at a Toyota dealer and uses his Aygo as a sort of

demo/testcar, even if it is his own car and not owned by the dealer.

I'd replace the rear windows on my Blue with the factory tint windows if the price was reasonable. The 'GO' looks really smart.

If your windows need replacing anyway the extra cost isn't that much...

I know one of our Dutch members needs anew rear window under warranty as the rear defogger doesn't work

anymore and he made a deal to get the tinted one installed. He only has to pay the difference in price...

Saw the new Aygo Go today and the rear window has the most incredible tint to it.

Limo black and slightly reflective, looks the beans!!

I'm guessing this hasnt had a film applied and the glass itself is tinted?

Wondering wether Mr T could have this done to older models for a price? its the same window dimentions just a new glass so wonder wether its possible to get them to fit it.

Plus you dont notice the orange strips of the heating element which you do on any film tinted rear windows i have seen, and i dont know wether anyone agrees it looks naf..?!

If anyone has any information or has asked mr T then please say so :) :thumbsup:

The retail price is £331 :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks kingo!

£331 puts me off now :/ :crybaby:

I'd pay £150 ish, shame.

I have a blue too and i think it would look great!

Thanks kingo!

I'd pay £150 ish, shame.

When Citroen and Peugeot release C1 and 107 models with tinted rear glass, it should be available from their dealers for a lot cheaper.

When I bought my Aygo in 2008, I got a quote of €600 for a rev counter :blink: so needless to say I bought one from a Peugeot dealer.

Thanks kingo!

I'd pay £150 ish, shame.

When Citroen and Peugeot release C1 and 107 models with tinted rear glass, it should be available from their dealers for a lot cheaper.

When I bought my Aygo in 2008, I got a quote of €600 for a rev counter :blink: so needless to say I bought one from a Peugeot dealer.

I don't think the C1 & 107 rear windows will fit due to the different shaped lights... unless you would like to do some glass cutting... :wacko:

Doh, didn't think of that. Of course, if the 107/C1 rear window area covered the Aygo one, it would be worth getting some cutting and polishing done.

None of the windows behind the B-pillar are the same between the Aygo and C1/107 and the

shapes are too different to be able to make them fit, especially the curve is WAY different...

Guess I'll have to look at tinting my existing windows. Sides should be OK as they can be easily removed, but I don't think the tailgate would be straightforward. It's a pity that there isn't an external window tint product on the market, would be much easier to fit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links