Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Steve

Post about anything that you did your car Today, from washing it, fixing it, the cd your listening to, and even where you drove your Toyota today!

Post your Toyota life experience here! You can post as many times as you like and about anything to do with your Toyota.

Today I washed mine today in the glorious sun!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• jw67

• Raistlin

• Parts-King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I drove it - that's why I bought the darned money-box. Oh and I looked at the tyres - they were still round and black and only so slightly flat but just at the bottom. :yawn::yawn:

Washed and HD waxed it. Changed the EGR valve on the old girl and then took her for an Italian tune up! :thumbsup:

Today I needed to put the aircon on... Suffer all those without :lol:

Drove it to Norfolk!! First time in that County since my Heart attack last year.... And I've survived the trip so far, so that's a result....

And surprisingly enuf, like James above, my tyres are only flat at the bottom too :thumbsup:

..... my tyres are only flat at the bottom too :thumbsup:

Don't you think that is strange :huh: Why does the flat bit not go to the top when the tyre turns :unsure:

Cleaned my interior and had a sulk over the new scratch I found on the passenger side of the dash.

I was busy in the office today focusing on hate and self loathing so no car work :lol:

However in the last week I have fitted:

Full remote start alarm,

DVD Nav system,

and refitted: TV Tuner, headunit, bluetooth phone + washed it (twice!)

..... my tyres are only flat at the bottom too :thumbsup:

Don't you think that is strange :huh: Why does the flat bit not go to the top when the tyre turns :unsure:

Not at all! Those clever Japanese geezers have got it sussed. The flat bit will only appear where the tyre meets the road... Amazing init :yahoo:

I nearly washed it today, but then someone said lets go to the pub...

Damn my weak will :D

Thought I was going to kiss goodbye to my Avensis today but looks like I might be in it over the weekend now :thumbsup:

Kingo

Thought I was going to kiss goodbye to my Avensis today but looks like I might be in it over the weekend now :thumbsup:

Kingo

I have a house :lol: does that make you a ......

Now then.......who rattled your rattly Aygo :toast::lol:

Arranged to say goodbye to mine later this month and hello to my new one! ;)

Well today i drove her auris to the train station to drop her off. And then the fun began. I changed the pollen filter and rear wiper on the auris and then changed the pollen filter on my avensis (all supplied by a nice chap- cheers kingo). I then cleaned them both (clayed my roof cos i gave up doing it last week), and then waxed them.

The avensis is only a bit bigger then the auris but it takes soo much longer to clean it either that or im too nakered after doing the little one first.

I took it to 'scotts view' for a photo (200 metres from inlaws cottage), drove to melrose with the dog and my son for a walk, and then managed to crack the windscreen on the way home.

Fitted a sunroof seal, clipped in some interior Trim and soldered in some new Side-Repeaters. Posting about those later. :D

KP

Today: Replaced the side light bulbs, swaped the white LED in the ingnition key "illuminated ring" for a green bulb, stuffed a new air freshener behind the dash.

At the weekend: modifed my factory wingmirrors so they are now heated.

Found rounded screws on the passenger wingmirror, made an utter hash of drilling them, out.. now need a new mirror housing :censor:

Trial fitted my 4ch amp under the drivers seat.. it fits, offered up sub in rear for my "stealth" install, I'll need to remove the rear quater interior trim to sus out how much space I have.

Weekend: Drove to a gig in the HMV Forum, then next day whacked £50 of diesel in and went on a joyride! :yahoo:

Up the crooked mile then went searching for the Secret Nuclear Bunker! Without map or satnav! :!Removed!:

Got lost and ended up in some random tiny village where we stopped for a pub lunch (Gammon steak ftw :yahoo: ).

Got some directions, drove some more, got lost, ended up in Chipping Ongar (So close! We wanted Kelvedon!), went home :D

Decided I'm not cut out to be a cabbie (No sense of direction, can't follow directions, tendency to go in large circles :lol: )

But a fun random drive, and the engine seemed to appreciate it after all the city driving it's been forced to do lately!

(This Fuelsave diesel is actually not bad; It's a tinsy bit dearer than me usual sainsburys and more noisy (?!) but the torque is a lot more even and progressive, even compared to the ol' sainsburys (High low-end torque, drops off quickly past 3k) or the V-power (no low-end torque, rises quickly after 1.8krpm and beyond)!)

Up the crooked mile then went searching for the Secret Nuclear Bunker! Without map or satnav! :!Removed!:

We did that a few weeks ago to a secret nuclear bunker near me, I wonder how many secret nuclear bunkers we have?

anyway the one near us can't be that secret.........I followed the brown signs all the way, any old German or Rusky would find it dead easy :lol:

http://www.hackgreen.co.uk/

Kingo :thumbsup:

Decided I'm not cut out to be a cabbie (No sense of direction, can't follow directions, tendency to go in large circles :lol: )

You'll do just fine, i'll get you an application form :lol:

Works for Balli, then again he is a Chelsea fan so he's used to lost causes....:D

• 1 month later...

Fitted a switch to the electric aerial, so now I can enter multi story car parks withut turning the radio off, and not worry about it catching on branches!

I also hated it being up when I was not actually using the radio tuner.

Also removed the "interupt" lead from my sat nav so it doesn't pause the iPod, and rounded a nut off the air con belt tensioner :(

Gave the car an extra special clean throughout as it's been in my ownership for exactly one year now :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links