Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost Both Keyssss!

steve1234

HI ALL, WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE/PEOPLE TO CONTACT R.E GETTING A NEW KEY - I LOST ONE KEY ONLY THE OTHER WEEK AND THEN LOST THE OTHER LAST NIGHT AND I'M A LITTLE STUCK!!

HOPEFULLY NOT TO EXPENSIVE

CHEERS, STEVE

TYOTA AYGO BY THE WAY

Hi,

It maywell mean the main dealer if you've lost both keys I'm afraid. Have you got the key code numbers? Btw using Capitol letters on here is classed as shouting! :thumbsup:

You will probably find it will cost a fortune as you will need new keys, new locks, new ignition barrel and possibly a new ECU/Immobiliser.

You will probably find it will cost a fortune as you will need new keys, new locks, new ignition barrel and possibly a new ECU/Immobiliser.

Its no wonder he is shouting then.

To misquote Oscar Wilde "To lose one key is misfortune, to lose two is carelessness"

:thumbsup:

There was a sticky somewhere about cheaper recovery measures but you're likely still looking at 4 figures; ECU needs to be replaced or cracked.

• 5 months later...

HI ALL, WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE/PEOPLE TO CONTACT R.E GETTING A NEW KEY - I LOST ONE KEY ONLY THE OTHER WEEK AND THEN LOST THE OTHER LAST NIGHT AND I'M A LITTLE STUCK!!

HOPEFULLY NOT TO EXPENSIVE

CHEERS, STEVE

TYOTA AYGO BY THE WAY

Hi there mate,

I was in the same situation about a year ago when I got my jacket stolen with wallet and keys in it at the airport. If you are in a similar situation, urgently needing your car I'd recommend using one of these professional locksmith companies that come to you can create you a brand new key. They are cheap (i paid less than £180 with this company here http://autokeysquad.com/ , however they only operate within the M25 but you can definitely find others that cover a wider part of the country), professional and work at the most unsociable hours ( I got my key back at 4 o'clock in the morning and this within minutes).

I would definitely recommend

surely if you have all the documentation on the car ie logbook mot service history and proof of rightfull ownership etc, then by contacting toyota with the chassis/vin number , would they not be able to produce a replacement keyfob ?

Has nobody noticed that this thread was started in APRIL?

If he hasn't sorted the keys out by now, then he hasn't really been trying!

@gordonD4D - Even if you have all the docs, Toyota will still say that they need at least one master key to add new ones and that the only other option is a new ECU and locks! :S

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links