Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Issue?

Newblett

Recently bought a 1990 MR2 GT non-turbo, had problems shifting to 5th and reverse gear. everytime i try it would go into third even tho its in 5th position. i had to use a bit of force to get it into 5th gear.

Took it to the garage thinking it might be a gear linkage problem but then the garage phoned me up after saying the it was jammed in fourth gear and that i needed to replace the gearbox?

can anyone please let me know what is wrong and do i really have to replace the gearbox to fix the problem? i just thought it was a bit shady cos it drove fine and what was a moderate problem is now a huge problem cos i cant drive this thing at all when its jammed in 4th gear...

thanks. oh and btw if i do need a new gearbox does anyone kno where i could get one for cheap- i live in scotland

I would check the cables first before the box ,remove the gear surround and make sure the cables are connected ok and secure,

remove the cables from the gearbox ,and see if you can select any gears by hand ,the cables can break

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links