Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

10 Steps To Prius Heaven

BudJar

Hi again

I've been thinking and am trying to come up with a list of the 10 most important things to make damned sure of when buying my Prius in order to avoid headaches and trouble afterwards where there might not be any comeback. So I was hoping that anyone with previous purchasing experience could help. Perhaps any pitfalls that could be avoided, any lessons learnt. What could have been done better with hindsight etc.

Some I can think of are ;

Go over the car with a fine tooth comb and identify any scratches, marks, imperfections, or any damage to car in transit. Then insist with my dealer that if any ared found that they rectify or compensate.

Get the forms for grant properly processed with proof that this has been done (maybe a letter or reciept that they have recieved the form and will be processing. Am a bit vague on exactly what I should do on this one, but i know the form needs filling and processing by toyota and that means my dealership sending in said form.

The passport thingy you guys mentioned

Thats all I can think of right now. So long chaps.

One thing you might consider is Superguard treatment (or something similar) which your dealer will probabaly offer you. Its not cheap at around £250, but it offers guarantees on paintwork and interior. Spill something on your seats and if it won't wipe off, then they professionally clean it for you. Also they give you a nice goody bag full of shampoos, polishes, dusters etc.

SilverT4

Silver,

Yes, I was offered that, but at time the sales pitch was so obvious that the heckles were raised, but now that you've mentioned it... Does it really look good? and is worth the expense? I suspect yes.

Ta

Visually the car doesn't look any different. I guess its like an insurance policy. You never know how good it is until you really need it. Only time will tell!

I hate washing / polishing cars, so for me its probably a good investment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links