Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Protection Strips

Whispering Wind

Has anyone had the side protection strips fitted on a Gen 3, please? I am interested in how they look, particularly on pearl white and grey, the colours I'm considering.

On mine!

IMHO rhey are essential.

:thumbsup:

Yes I have. I had them fitted one week after I bought the car. The passenger door on the passenger side got bumped by a careless driver last week opening his door this was at a service station. Another driver in York opened his car door and thumped my drivers side door. That is two dents prevented by the side mouldings in a week. A lot of folk do not appreciate the damage they do when they thump a car even if it is a so called light touch. .As Jan & Tone says essential and worth every penny.

Out of interest how much is a fitted price to a gen 3? I'm hoping, subject to finance and other things to maybe pick up a white gen 3 TS in the very near future which already has the Style Pack fitted. I'm not sure if the strips will compliment or ruin the look of the chrome pieces running along the bottom of the doors.

My side mouldings were £117 inc VAT fitting etc at local Toyota dealer. Job took one hour and I was very pleased with the work. DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF IT IS NOT A DIY JOB.

My side mouldings were £117 inc VAT fitting etc at local Toyota dealer. Job took one hour and I was very pleased with the work. DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF IT IS NOT A DIY JOB.

For a cheaper alternative you could look here

Looks like I'll get them! Another question; would they look better in the body colour, which is available for about another £40 on the pearl white?

Looks like I'll get them! Another question; would they look better in the body colour, which is available for about another £40 on the pearl white?

That has to be your choice, imo I like the contrast :thumbsup:

I have them too fitted to my Pearl White and also the mudflaps..it really does contrast very good with the car

there is full instructions on toyota tec on how to fit side mouldings.

Definately essential if you are going to park near store entrances next to idiots with shabby cars who clearly couldn't care less about their own vehicle let alone anybody elses.

I've been pleased with them on my gen 2, I'm just unsure how they'll look alongside the Style Pack. Anybody got both on their pearl white gen 3? And deffo no to painting the strips body colour especially white ones.

Personally I think black mouldings on the pearl white look great. The dealer recommended not to have them painted; he said most folk prefer black on white. I think dealer. was right

Personally I think black mouldings on the pearl white look great. The dealer recommended not to have them painted; he said most folk prefer black on white. I think dealer. was right

Agreed, I've never had side mouldings painted. I think white mouldings on a white car would look poor especially if the colour match wasn't exactly 100%. I'll probably order a set to be fitted by Mr T. I'd still like to see if someone here has black mouldings on a white gen 3 plus has the Style Pack. Two sets of strips across the door may be a tad much but I hope I'm wrong.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links