Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For A T Sport Corolla

Marsden1002

Actually the potential new member Dean, who was the original poster is a friend of mine from my other club, he is more than welcome to see my figures as well as anyone else if they wanted, but dean lives in Manchester.

My other club members will vouch for the readings as we convoyed up to Japfest yesterday and they saw a very respectable combined figure considering the performance against the scooby and Lex 300's

I have never ever dropped below 32 in town, all I can say is what is so different about my car/driving style to all the others.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not after a bad argumentative post with anyone and not "Trolling", but what I find frustrating is others are telling me that I can not obtain these figures.

such a shame I can not post an in car video covering types of road I drive on, driving style and the MFD average MPG.

But I must emphasise, I am lucky to live in a slightly less populated area and the first road I drive onto is a 40MPH limit and within a mile opens up to the national speed limit, so dense commuting traffic is a rarity.

Then your usage is a long way from typical. I have never got more than 30mpg or so, and only once have I managed more than 300 miles from a tank and that was about 60% motorway the rest urban. Typically I get ~27 around town and not much better on the motorway thanks to the ridiculous gearing of the CTS. Urban use completely decimates mpg, a whole tank around town might last 220-240 miles I'd guess. You can't say yours is 'urban' just because its not on a motorway, urban is sat in queuing traffic in city centers.

OP, 25-30mpg is realistic. 30-35 on LONG motorway runs where your an absolute saint and sit in tramlines with all the trucks and coaches.

Cheers for all the replies!

If i'm looking at returning around 30mpg maximum, i think i will have to stay in the Lexus for now, as the whole point at looking at corollas was to save a bit of fuel and a little bit more power!

My Lexus at the moment returns around 20mpg for all town driving, stop start for 40 miles a day, for 5 days a week! But it does weigh just under 2 tons and is a 2L 24v straight 6!

you will get 30mpg easy if you dont drive in lift in every gear. my t sport is better on fuel for normal driving than my zetec s is.

you will get 30mpg easy if you dont drive in lift in every gear. my t sport is better on fuel for normal driving than my zetec s is.

Thanks mr-p, some member that actually agrees 30mpg is easily possible, still cant believe some guys are claiming mid to hi 20's is only possible in town.

My biggest decision was one monday night I got fed up after putting £35 worth of fuel in the lexus and covered such a short mileage from it, with in two days the lexus had gone and I had got a CTS, trust me if the fuel was as low as you lot are stating that car would have been back on auto trader with 24hrs.

Hard to understand WHY you think I am not getting my quoted claims, I do not need to falsely brag about it and defo do not sit in lane one of a motorway behind lorries and coaches hoping for a pull created by their vacuum.

But I must emphasise, I am lucky to live in a slightly less populated area and the first road I drive onto is a 40MPH limit and within a mile opens up to the national speed limit, so dense commuting traffic is a rarity.

Then your usage is a long way from typical. I have never got more than 30mpg or so, and only once have I managed more than 300 miles from a tank and that was about 60% motorway the rest urban. Typically I get ~27 around town and not much better on the motorway thanks to the ridiculous gearing of the CTS. Urban use completely decimates mpg, a whole tank around town might last 220-240 miles I'd guess. You can't say yours is 'urban' just because its not on a motorway, urban is sat in queuing traffic in city centers.

OP, 25-30mpg is realistic. 30-35 on LONG motorway runs where your an absolute saint and sit in tramlines with all the trucks and coaches.

Why cant you get more than 27 around town??????????????????????

And why not more than 30 on a motorway?????????????????????????

I must be stupid then and mistakenly bought a D4-D instead of a TS to obtain these fiqures

Your original post says minimum of 32 and an average of 35-42.

Hell yeah 30 is possible and 32 on the motorway is what most people get but it's still way short of your quotes.

My my mpg is around 5 mpg lower than the average because I mainly use it on weekends or Santa pod.

Your mpg is at least 5 mpg above what the average owner should expect, now this would be still hard to believe but even more so when you claim to use lift alot.

I'm going to end my involvement here.

I don't think your lying about your mpg, but you must know your figures are very rare, consider yourself very lucky to own such a efficient t sport. Telling people to get their cars checked out because they are running a more realistic mpg is uncalled for.

Peace out

Ps came over to see you at jap fest ( well your car) but couldn't put a face to the car. Maybe next year.

This comes up a lot but Tsport gets me 32MPG average with some spirited driving, 38MPG in a run if I drive it like a granny on a work run (25miles of 50mph) and 27-28MPG if around town. My TSport is standard down to the last detail and as it came out of the factory. These figures are relatively on parr with Parkers.co.uk, though they say an average of 36MPG which isn't easy to achieve.

I'm actually getting the exact same mileage as I was out of my 206 1.1. Though that's mostly down to having to revv the **** out of 60bhp just to make it move anywhere or do anything.

This comes up a lot but Tsport gets me 32MPG average with some spirited driving, 38MPG in a run if I drive it like a granny on a work run (25miles of 50mph) and 27-28MPG if around town. My TSport is standard down to the last detail and as it came out of the factory. These figures are relatively on parr with Parkers.co.uk, though they say an average of 36MPG which isn't easy to achieve.

I'm actually getting the exact same mileage as I was out of my 206 1.1. Though that's mostly down to having to revv the **** out of 60bhp just to make it move anywhere or do anything.

My figures are about the same using 0w 40 oil and k&n panel filter. On 31.8 at the moment because i dont do many long journeys and tend to use lift every time i hit a clear stretch of road with a decent speed limit.

Best i've had is about 37.8, but i reckon if we stuck to about 65 on the motorway we could make 40 no problem on a long journey. I was a little envious of my dad auris SR doing 39 mpg mixed until I saw how little power it had the other day. :P

A bunch of T sport owners arguing about MPG, what's the world coming to?

We'll be having the prius owners comparing 0-60 times next :lol:

Why cant you get more than 27 around town??????????????????????

And why not more than 30 on a motorway?????????????????????????

I must be stupid then and mistakenly bought a D4-D instead of a TS to obtain these fiqures

Are you kidding 27mpg around town is amazing! You obviously have no experience of 'around town', my average speed for that 27mpg would probably be about 11 or 12 mph! It used to be about 24mpg around town, until I entered granny mode after petrol jumped over 1.20 ish. I literally roll everywhere I can in as high a gear as possible, the awful gearbox ratios actually help here as you can just about trundle along in 6th at 30mph, aslong as its not uphill! Can't get more than 30 ish on the motorway because your sat at an ear splitting 5k rpm the whole time, the gearbox is chuffing stupid in this situation. Nice one making 6th about 400rpm lower than 5th Toyota!

Well I filled up my t sport I bought today and drove 200 miles I got back and there was just over half a tank left.

Thats doing 70-80 most of the way. I was happy with that.

I get 30mpg out of my T sport, mainly motorway driving but it all depends how you drive it

Compressors are faster and look better but just make sure you keep an eye on the supercharger oil level as you'll be in for a world of pain if that goes. IIRC you can't get the oil in the UK but I maybe wrong there

As for the T sport, go for a facelift if your budget allows, there are numerous improvements over the pre facelift. That said though, a mint pre facelift would be a better choice than a tatty facelift.

Squeaky clutch - More of an annoyance than real problem

Heater Matrix - Check the heater works properly

Seat Pins - Check both seats slide backwards/forwards

Grinding Gearbox/Clutch - Again more of an annoyance than real problem

Possibly more but nothing major really, just make sure you test drive it and that lift is engaging after 6,000rpm. Other than that make sure its got service history

Na mate you can hold of the oil in the uk. I've got some left after selling some :)

How much does it cost to fill these cars up (and what price a L do you pay?)

I put £80 in my Lexus the other week and managed to get 280 miles, which works out at 20MPG!!! Just got to weigh up the costs of lowering springs and front brace to sort the handling out aswell as the cost of changing . . . . .

well i put 75 quid in which was a full tank from empty a few week ago and did about 420 ish miles with all types of driving including a 200 mile round trip. Strut brace can be had for as little as 40 quid and springs from 60 :)

wow, ive never seen such total and utter drivel flow from one persons keyboard before in regards to the t-sport.

its the first time ive ever heard anyone attempt to pass off high speed instability on a corolla as a result of the 'rear wing pushing down making the front rise up'. jokes central! lol. ill think of this the next time im shooting up the m1.

as for why is you car so economical compared to everyone elses, theres 2 options, its either slow as %$(, or the figures are wrong. i can gurantee you that plugging a laptop in is not as accurate as doing the maths pre and post pump. as many owners on here know the trip comps are more than often totally wayward. mine once read 73mpg.......

i also dont see how your little test thing applies. even i can get 40 mpg driving like little miss daisy over a short distance. real world driving, real world speeds, admitedly ***** about from time to time..... under 20mpg.

anyway, thanks for the link to this. well worth logging in for the first time in a while! ;)

£85 to fill up shell v power, I get 250 miles. :rolleyes:

Wow thats a lot, Shell v power up here is about £1.37 per litre.

We have 55 litre tanks so i'm paying £75.35p plus a little extra to brim it :) , £72 @ £1.32 for standard unleaded, v power is probably worth the extra £3!

I get 30mpg out of my T sport, mainly motorway driving but it all depends how you drive it

Compressors are faster and look better but just make sure you keep an eye on the supercharger oil level as you'll be in for a world of pain if that goes. IIRC you can't get the oil in the UK but I maybe wrong there

As for the T sport, go for a facelift if your budget allows, there are numerous improvements over the pre facelift. That said though, a mint pre facelift would be a better choice than a tatty facelift.

Squeaky clutch - More of an annoyance than real problem

Heater Matrix - Check the heater works properly

Seat Pins - Check both seats slide backwards/forwards

Grinding Gearbox/Clutch - Again more of an annoyance than real problem

Possibly more but nothing major really, just make sure you test drive it and that lift is engaging after 6,000rpm. Other than that make sure its got service history

Na mate you can hold of the oil in the uk. I've got some left after selling some :)

Good stuff :thumbsup:

I never understand why these kind of threads always descend into discussions regarding fuel economy. They always become heated. I'll add my 2 cents worth. I think that fuel is a necessary evil, yes it's gone up and yes we always want to consider cost. Therefore if you are concerned about the rising costs of fuel then I would not advise to buy a hot hatch or performance orientated car. If I was concerned with the cost of fuel then I would look at a diesel, a hybrid or in the future an all electric vehicle.

Seriously lets not kid ourselves that you are buying a t sport for good economy. That would be like buying an impreza for the cheap insurance :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I find the car is good on fuel tootlin along on slow to medium speed roads as long as you avoid lift. Hit lift all the time and its a different story, motorway driving is a bit tedious with the high revs in 6th and I reckon fuel economy would have been much better on a run if the car revved lower, I don't use the motorways much now for long journeys so I am not too bothered about that anyway. Overall I reckon I get around 33 mpg which is much better than the 17 I was getting from my old car.

Anyone know what the 0-60 is for an IQ???

;)

I never understand why these kind of threads always descend into discussions regarding fuel economy. They always become heated. I'll add my 2 cents worth. I think that fuel is a necessary evil, yes it's gone up and yes we always want to consider cost. Therefore if you are concerned about the rising costs of fuel then I would not advise to buy a hot hatch or performance orientated car. If I was concerned with the cost of fuel then I would look at a diesel, a hybrid or in the future an all electric vehicle.

Seriously lets not kid ourselves that you are buying a t sport for good economy. That would be like buying an impreza for the cheap insurance :rolleyes:

x2

wow, ive never seen such total and utter drivel flow from one persons keyboard before in regards to the t-sport.

its the first time ive ever heard anyone attempt to pass off high speed instability on a corolla as a result of the 'rear wing pushing down making the front rise up'. jokes central! lol. ill think of this the next time im shooting up the m1.

as for why is you car so economical compared to everyone elses, theres 2 options, its either slow as %$(, or the figures are wrong. i can gurantee you that plugging a laptop in is not as accurate as doing the maths pre and post pump. as many owners on here know the trip comps are more than often totally wayward. mine once read 73mpg.......

i also dont see how your little test thing applies. even i can get 40 mpg driving like little miss daisy over a short distance. real world driving, real world speeds, admitedly ***** about from time to time..... under 20mpg.

anyway, thanks for the link to this. well worth logging in for the first time in a while! ;)

Before you start do you know how dynamics of air flow work over a car??? a wing wing creates downforce so that pushes x amount of kg on the rear of the vehicle, the rear wing on a TS is huge and when you take into account the stupid ride height oh the TS then you should understand what is going on. Did you not see the item on topgear reference the Jag XK were the rear bootlip spoiler ruined the handling over speeds of 100mph, they had to do a redesign on it.

Ref the fuel consumtion, I have access to use a crypton fuel flow meter that is designed to measure accurate mpg readings, that I was using to obtain near as damm it fuel usage. One advantage of working as a TOYOTA/LEXUS master tech for 28yrs, so I do have a lot of experience on cars and technology.

I am willing to prove that 34mpg is easily possible to anyone, If you drove to where I am and I proved the results in my favour, you can fill my car up with 97ron, if I lose, I will pay your fuel and fill your tank up.

Just because you are a senior MOD does not make you know it all and you appear very happy to ridicule people just because they are unknown new posters/members. I have seen how ome of your established members lick up to you, this appears to be a common scenario with most car clubs.

Ohh bt the way checked tonight after more than 90 miles driving and still showing 34.9mpg, could it be that some will not accept my fiqures??

Sorry that should have read "GOD" not senior mod, now that is drivel from a keyboard user. And on the strength of that I expect you just to ban me, If that is what you want to do then feel free, that would just prove my point that you can do and say what you want and we must obey, if you dont then I will take my hat off to you and accept you are a gent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links