Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Civic Type R Beaten By Nova?!

starletsr

Race track on a sunday night?  guess not, there aint no race tracks near enough here, but its just a friendly race down here in the south east.  :lol:

Bands hatch is not too far away and a real laugh if your mate really want to see who has the faster car but hands down I think the civic will win on the coners.

Also I dont condone street racing/ ****** around in cars around guildford but when I was 18 I cant say I did not do it.

Wheres Bands Hatch? Never heard of it, come down to farnborough sunday night :lol: hehehe. Well guess the race aint serious, just a friendly match like i said, just wanna see how fast the little nova can go

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• knowlson

• Karma Supra

• Nick-Johnson

My mate with the Nova 1.2 quotes "lol, who cares,, its only coz its a nova, they think that there "boy racers" wid to much confidance!" to you guys, ooo er...

My mate with the Nova 1.2 quotes "lol, who cares,, its only coz its a nova, they think that there "boy racers" wid to much confidance!" to you guys, ooo er...

I swear a boi racer in a nova died not too long ago at the guildford cruise for having a bit too much confidence........

The biggest problem with these cars is most of them have the engine, but not the uprated brakes and suspention/bushes... so you get whats essentiall a granny shopping car that does sub 5 to 60 and up to 150......

You work it out :S

what you REALLY need.

Is a lada on nitrous ;)

The biggest problem with these cars is most of them have the engine, but not the uprated brakes and suspention/bushes...

Well the Nova has quoted from my friend " u can tell em he has V6 brakes on the front and rear 256 disks on the back, koni adustoble coilovers worth £500 and it handles great!" :thumbsup:

The biggest problem with these cars is most of them have the engine, but not the uprated brakes and suspention/bushes...

Well the Nova has quoted from my friend " u can tell em he has V6 brakes on the front and rear 256 disks on the back, koni adustoble coilovers worth £500 and it handles great!" :thumbsup:

all your mate needs now is a roll cage like my mates orange one :lol::lol::lol:

Mate quotes "maybe it's still a nova but that means, cheap parts, cheap labour, non complex engine, and there light its VINTAGE"

Hmmm... are we starting a war between Nova against toyota? lol

and the muppet has shown his true dim muppet novaboy status too.

check the weblink and look at how he has gone to all the trouble to hide his number plate on the car photos, and then left it smack bang on full view on his dyno print out!!!!

muppet :lol: :P

Hi guys,

this is Chaz's (Karma Supra's) mate with the Nova Turbo.

Its only getting 4psi on average at the mo due to a tired actuator spring, but even then chaz was impressed.

At the end of the day its 860kgs and 240bhp (which is about 280bhp/tonne). Thats why I love them, they are light cars but still a stiff chassis, easy to work on and cheap to mod/repair/maintain.

I would say the only real drawback on being a Nova owner is the instant stereotype you get from owning a Nova. But I find that after the inital stereotyping people don't bother because they see why I do it.

Civic Type R Vs Nova 2.0 16v? Not being funny but I didn't think the Civic Type R;s were terribly fast cars standard anyway??

I was down Southend last Sunday, got picked on by a Phase 3 Scooby WRX Prodrive uk300 thing (there fastest standard Scooby I have been told). Was doing about 60mph and we both booted it, I out accelerated him with surprising ease. I had quite a lot of weight on board too, with me weighing 14 stone and my passenger weighing 15 stone!!

But that gives you an idea of how lairy a big engined Nova is.

John.

cos the lada with nitrous has the uprated brakes and suspension of course :lol:

Us lada drivers don't do things by halves you know.

BTW I have been in Jay's Nova 16v (the black one), its very quick. It got 166bhp on the rollers a month or so ago.

Well Johnny u defo killed the convo, i was chatting to Jay today, gonna go meet him maybe at F.gate on Sunday, he seems like a nice bloke.

To be honest, a standard nova with no mods wont kill a civic or a scooby right?! All down to mods. :rolleyes:

at the end of the day fellas i still reckon that a car is only as good as the person you put behind the wheel..........yes straight line driving can be good and show the full potential of a car. but on the track your driving ability also comes into play.......

just my opion.....but isn't that what these forums are for :eek:

haha this novas nothing!

a mate of mine has got one with a (proven) 310bhp calibra turbo engine stuck in it! goes like you-know-what off a very shiney shovel!

makes poncy TT owners cry into their cappucinos

hate to be a old git, but this kind off stuff is not on. You wanna race do it on a race track !!  

I dont see a problem with racing as long as its 12am+ and on a wide open stretch of road thats dead. Its not like they are racing in town centre at 2pm. The last thing they will want is to crash the cars they have put so much money on im sure.

Does your car not understeer like a behatch due to the excess weight over the front of the car? I would be inclined to think that a Type R would defeat a 2ltr Nova on track.

But personally im a big fan of lil sleeper cars like monster novas..must get loads of laffs in em. My little bro is buying an old skool mini soon and is planning something silly too...cant wait. :D

i like sleepers aswell. i went to a ford show a few years back and saw this very tidy granda scorpio parked up. very shiney, nice alloys all the big fat cat leather arm chairs inside......

look under the lid - 6.5l 'charged chevvy v8 pushing over 500bhp! 175mph, 0-60 in bout 5ish seconds! mental!

I dont see a problem with racing as long as its 12am+ and on a wide open stretch of road thats dead. Its not like they are racing in town centre at 2pm. The last thing they will want is to crash the cars they have put so much money on im sure.

My mate's 4*4 was hit head on by racers at 1am in which the other driver (16 year ol in a pug. gti) died on the spot due to the bull bars on the shogun smashing his skull to bits, (which is why i am so much against street racing and bull bars) luckily nobody was badly hurt in mates car.

And if i recall Macca's 1st crash was down to idiots racing late at night and forcing him off the road.

well said surinder i hate street racing too its usually the innocent

who cop it.

personally i woudnt be seen dead in a nova but they obviously would.

at the end of the day it dont matter if it does do 100/200 mph it will

always be an old square vauxhall.

kimi.

:yes::yes:

Personally i like the old Nova's, being an ex Nova owner :ph34r: . Used to have one with a 2.0 litre block in, but that was when i was 20 summat. A long time ago :D

They have excellant handling, the chasis is built like a rock from what i can remember. Just a shame a few morons have given the car a bad name.

Hi everyone

I know a mate who has a friend who has just dropped a turbo lump into his gsi nova. All the suspension has been down and the brakes now sport 30 v6 omega brakes. So now he has got the stopping power as well as the speed. Had it rolling road tested and is now pushing 230bhp. Now thats nuff power for such a small car. I know that he has taken the car well over 150mph. Theres nothing wrong with driving fast but as long as you do it in a sensible place and not down your local high street :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Surinder I did state "a road that is dead"..which means no turnoffs/giveways along it and very high visibility(just imagine a very straight loooooong long road in the middle of nowhere..wide and the ability to see headlights a good minutes distance away) . For example me and associates use a strip of road on the edge of Glasgow in a disused industrial estate to test cars after tuning mods etc and it has the exact same characteristics as mentioned.

I am not talking about the local ring road.

You dont need to inform me of fatal incidents involving people you know due to "racers".I was in my cousins car 5 years ago in leeds. We were on a main road when a such an incredibly beautiful persont in a red AE92 Gti shot str8 out of a give way (was racing some1) and whacked us big time..sent us flying right down the road hitting two parked cars(it was wet and around 12am)..it was the most serious accident Ive ever been involved in...seatbelts saved us. The little **** who hit us wasnt even insured and was 16..he did a runner only for his idiot dad to appear 10 min later to claim he was in the car when cops arrived. He got done for fraud later.

... the edge of Glasgow in a disused industrial estate to test cars after tuning mods etc and it has the exact same characteristics as mentioned.

unfortunatly not everyone has that amount off sense.

I don't have a problem with going fast, this might just be a local problem with inexperinced people racing fast cars. They know how to get the car to 100mph+ (even a trained monkey can do that in a fast enough car), but rarley give any consideration on how too get back to 0mph or what to do when things go wrong.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links