Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Civic Type R Beaten By Nova?!

starletsr

The sad thing is we are more in danger of being in an accident involving due to a white van, taxi driver or a rent boy..I mean rep boy in his vectra.

So many stupid drivers out there in general m8. 17 yr old spotty wannabe F&F to5sers are the least of the problems imo.

hmmmm a poll is in order methinks!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• knowlson

• Karma Supra

• Nick-Johnson

Ahhhhh 16v and 16V turbo Nova. they are quick. bear in mind they weight something like 800ish kg!

Mate of mine has a white nova turbo and its fast! it leaves STi scoobys for dead on the motorway. its about 240 BHP I think.. ina 800 or so KG car (I'll show him this thread and he can correct me where I'm wrong) its looks pretty much standard from the outside apart from alloys anda bit of a drop.. you can just see the intercooler at the front. proper sleeper :D

They are easily brushed off as another max power mobile but some of em are quick!

Johnny A must live local down here then, think there is a Nova meeting in Guilly this sunday.

Heard his car is very fast :thumbsup:

Hes in Cowley.

the cars knows as FAT SEF... I think its pretty well known :D

:D :lol: :D :(

He went to one of the CCC days last year, how do I know, he played my 2 on the motorway and won hands down....

Friendly enough chappy but how embarrasing :(

Whats even more embarrasing is that was when it was just an N/A 2.0 16V!!!! :blink:

Its been on the road with the turbo engine in it for less then a month!!!!!

I don't have a problem with going fast, this might just be a local problem with inexperinced people racing fast cars. They know how to get the car to 100mph+ (even a trained monkey can do that in a fast enough car), but rarley give any consideration on how too get back to 0mph or what to do when things go wrong.

agree totally with that! anyone can go fast its what to do when things go wrong that only 1% can actually deal with

OK, two points:

1) the latest TYPE-R is lucky to make 155bhp on the dyno. Really. And it must weigh over 1000kgs, right?

2) Heavier front-end = oversteer NOT understeer by my reckoning.

:group-cuddles:

led me ad im, led me ad im.

tell him to come to notts if he's ard enough and willing to take on a rolla gti-16 :rolleyes::boxing::boxing: :fishyface:

OK OK, just got back from the Nova race against a Standard Honda Vtec Vti, i must say the Nova pulled very quick off the lines in 1st and 2nd gear, but it was a good race. Unfortunally the White nova with 200+bhp couldn't give a go because he had problem with his clutch.

Overall result the Nova won over the Honda, all down to the weight i guess...

And i got to sit in the Nova, pretty bumpy ride :thumbsup:

That's my night gone.

Was that white on FAT SEF? aka johns car? He said he was out to play tonight but I was otherwise engaged :(

Hey Karma, yeah i did mention the White Nova, unfortunally he had a problem with his clutch whislt racing the Black nova eariler on.

I must say, that Johnny is a very tall bloke. Then at around 12am, john made his way back to OXFORD? geez far. Where are you from Karma?

D'oh. hes broken it alreaady :lol: Thats already the second gearbox this month :hokus-pokus: At least new clutches are easy on those lol

Yeahs hes always at guildford.. we went most weeks of early last summer in my supra.. I'm from Henley So its hardly local for me either!!!

You can usually catch him on my foumus as hes a mod there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links