Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 Xt3 Engine Modification

Suzanne55

Hello

I was due to purchase a Rav 4 XT3 56Reg Diesel, My local toyota has just rang me to say they have got to make some modifications to the engine, due to being a bit heavy on oil, they have said this is not a common fault but once completed should not have any more problems. Has any body else heard of this the vehicle has only done 24000 miles, They said it is to do with the piston rings. Question do I go ahead with the purchase or look for another Rav.

Regards

Ron

Hello

I was due to purchase a Rav 4 XT3 56Reg Diesel, My local toyota has just rang me to say they have got to make some modifications to the engine, due to being a bit heavy on oil, they have said this is not a common fault but once completed should not have any more problems. Has any body else heard of this the vehicle has only done 24000 miles, They said it is to do with the piston rings. Question do I go ahead with the purchase or look for another Rav.

Regards

Ron

Hello Ron and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Despite what the dealer is saying, this is a known fault on the D4D engines up to mid 2008. Toyota are well aware of it and have now put in place an extended warranty up to 112K miles or seven? years. If they are doing the work prior to purchase, then, as they say, you should have no further problems. Obviously it should have a warranty for a year and you can purchase an extended warranty thereafter :thumbsup:

Hello

Regards

Ron

Hi Ron,

welcome to the club.

As DAVRAV said its well known problem with Rav's 2006> engines. If you like the vehicle and it's going to be done by Toyota dealer, in my opinion it's worthed atleast you'll get an extended engine waranty, I got another 2 years and have no regrets atleast my mind is at rest that I have a good engine. :thumbsup: Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links