Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Is The Most Dangerous Type Out There?

pizza boy

Which of the following do you think poses the highest threat :  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you think poses the highest threat :

• White van man
    • Taxi driver
    • Spotty 17 year old in his "max'd" motor
    • Rep man in his vectriod/mondeo etc
    • Mum in 4x4 on school run

The above are the threats we all experience daily. They are a fearsome bunch but who is the worst you reckon?

Personally...the 4x4 mum on school run is my greatest fear :ph34r:

For me it has to be the Max boys. Round here most of them drive like they are on a track day. Dont know how they can afford the tyres , or maybe they just pinch a set of wheels from someone else.

Really old dodderers are by far the most feared in my books!!!!

even if they looked they'd not see you... Car controll is "not what it was you know" either.

Really old dodderers are by far the most feared in my books!!!!

Im not THAT old, KM :lol::lol::lol:

i'm doing 30 miles each way to work in somerset and dorset, and i encounter them all. but the most arrogant must be the white van man. all kind of handsignals. and most of them are not in the highway code.

they forget that often the comapny name is on the side. revenge :angry:

rickers, might well be my last post due to the new regulations on the 1st of april.

hope not.

Company name on the van doesnt mean squat most of the time. I was white 7 1/2 ton man myself for a while and the transport manager was a mate to most of the drivers. So you ring up and complain, he makes all the right noises on the phone, puts the phone down and has a good laugh about it. Maybe not so much with huge companies but this happens all the time.

Saw one yesterday thats not on the list.

I was on the way to a roadster meet going westbound on the M62 near Doncaster, it was almost like a monsoon, very poor visibility, very dull and the wind was at hurricane force, as I looked in my mirror a silver Lexus appeared out of the dense spray, no lights, 80-90 mph and the driver deep in conversation with the passenger (the kind where they can only talk while looking at the other person)! 4_2_203.gif

probably true;

but if you are driving with a company name on the van/car, then I think you should behave as if you are representing your company , and not like a moron that is owning the road.

I know it probably won't help, but he give a handsignal to me, to someone else he cuts into, and number three gets driven of the road. if a driver gets enough complaints then maybe the transportmanager gets the message, and if he continues to drive like that, then maybe the TM gets his b****ks kicked.

also if the drivers show such behaviour, it makes me think that the company is not much better, and they do not get my custom.

Maybe they do not need it. :lol: :lol:

Spotty 17 year old in a max'd motor 'trying' to impress his mates, we have all seen it, inexperience, to much speed and it often has a very sad ending indeed!

I cant believe that no-one has chosen taxi driver, it was a toss up 4 me between taxi and Vectra man. (Taxi drivers are BMW wannabees, i.e. No indicator stalks andh bumper magnets!!!!)

Buses are the unsung nutters of the roads........

I think i'd probably have to go with: those whinging over critical jap car drivers...

they think they're perfect gentlemen of the road! :lol:

Maybe this is too honest, but as much as I hate van drivers and purely useless mums/OAPs... I bet they hate me even more!

Always in the right gear at the right time, always ready for a safe/legal-ish overtake (even if I'm only 1 mile from the end of the journey), the black/white sign = no upper speed limit while 30s/40s always adhered to, the arrogance to overtake the annoying copper sat at 65mph on the dual carriageway, you have about 2 seconds before I flash you over into your empty so-called 'slow' lane... I could go on... :wacko:

Middle lane sitters on a clear motorway :ffs:

"school teachers" that sit in the fast lane at exactly the speed limit, they adhere to it so everyone else should :ffs: :ffs:

the black/white sign = no upper speed limit

:blink:

Erm... No upper speed limit?

I want to live where you live. :unsure:

We have coppers hiding in the bushes round here. :ph34r:

Middle lane hoggers are the WORST, bar outside lane hoggers! :ffs:

all of em but dottery bints in offroaders mainly, then old fogies doing 25 in a 40

Are people actually aware that the national speed limit on a single carriageway is 60mph?

I'm not too sure - The amount of people I seem to end up having to overtake because they're doing 40 is just silly.

ALOT, and I mean ALOT, of people seem to drive at 10-15mph below the speed limit all the time. This strikes me as quite inconsiderate when people such as myself and many other road users would really like to be making progress... That's not to say I stick to their bumpers like glue and wait for a chance to overtake, but I do get quite annoyed. Especially if I'm on my way home and I need a slash!

Especially if I'm on my way home and I need a slash!

oh tell me about it!

i like to sit 10 yards behind then accelerate upto the back end then jump out to overtake. that makes em wake up!

I agree, I like a leisurely drive every now and then as much as the next person; perhaps a nice summers day with the windows down tootling along at 40 in 5th and just generally enjoying myself.

but if someone comes into view behind then it's only considerate to step your speed up accordingly. :)

Of course when you encounter such people who refuse to accelerate it can become very frustrating, especially in a 1.0 yaris... and all you can do is resign to defeat and sit back :(

Perhaps things will change in the summer though... *mr2 on the way?* :o

If I'm really ****** off and somebody is going REALLY slowly I do tend to dip the clutch and give em a few thousand (well more like six thousand) RPM before a slight wheelspin and nailing it past them.

I have to vent my anger somehow!

If I'm really ****** off and somebody is going REALLY slowly I do tend to dip the clutch and give em a few thousand (well more like six thousand) RPM before a slight wheelspin and nailing it past them.

I have to vent my anger somehow!

same here, but what really gets to me is someone doing 30 in the right hand lane of a dual carriage way, when the limits 60 or 70 :ffs: :ffs:

And what about lorry drivers??? Everyday I get on the A1 and have to follow the 56mph vs. 56.1mph overtakes... OMFG... I get so annoyed! But it's even worse when the one on the inside is actually faster up/down hills.

The 'record' so far is a 9 mile overtake!!!! :ffs:

I was ready to blow at any minute - serious hand signalling going on after I went past.

But that's not the worst I've seen. Got overtaken by an Italian artic the other night. ****** down with rain and this mad basket was doing 80mph or more! In a 40ft+ artic!!! :blink:

And the other night I came home late, got stuck behind a lorry who was so close to the land of Nod that he went up the slip road following the white line, before realising it was a sliproad - not the A1... WHAM! Nearly hit the stationary traffic in the slip road, swerved back into the first lane ACROSS the hatchings and grass triangle in one hell of a weave. I was convinced he was gonna jack-knife any moment. The number of lorries driving with one set of wheels in the either the wrong lane or the hard-shoulder is TERRIFYING...

Also saw an old giffer driving up the hard shoulder the other morning. Tried to tell him he was in the wrong lane, but he must have thought I was slagging him off - gave me two fingers! I hope he realised what he was doing when he got to the next exit! :wacko:

Hate to disagree with folks on here, but I don't have a problem with people driving slower than the speed limit, after all it is actualy a LIMIT and not the mandatory speed.

The next time you are behind a slow driver, consider that they may actually be driving slow for a reason. Just like when I take the cats to the vets, or I'm carrying my goldfish to my new house.

Saying all this though, the one thing that really annoys me are geriatric drivers who just don't have a clue. Coupled with slow speeds are the random direction/lane changes without any signal or warning. I'm usually too scared to overtake because they are liable to swerve into me.

Personally the above all are just as dangerous as each other. It's all down to your concentration at the end of the day. It only takes 1 minute to do something stupid and then theres a accident.

EG

white van man. Driving early hours of the day. But needs to continue as he wont get all his delivery's done. It's cold and wet and dark the heaters on. You feel yourself going but manage to shake yourself up. You take a swig of you can of coke. Minutes later you are doing the same. Your are a sleep now foot flat and wondering off to the centre reservation and bang!!

Taxi driver. Night out with the lads your drunk as hell. coming near your home and you tell him where to stop and he stop on a blind corner. Not your house so he moves off again failing to look into mirror just when someone is over taking him bang!!

Spotty 17 year old. Car full with his mates. music pumping stops at lights. See's a guy with flash car and his mate egg him on to see if he can take him off the lights. Lights change and they are booting it. Forgetting about the cross road ahead and fails to stop and causes a head on bang!!

Rep. Left home late pouring with rain and need to be the other side of town. Getting very impatience driving up your :censor: trying to push you faster. Fails to see traffic has stopped and bang!!

Mum with 4x4. Kids giving it to you in the neck. Fighting and playing around. There also trying to show you there class work while you are driving. Your trying your best to concentrate and at the same time show interest with your child and then someone steps off the pavement just as your looking at child's work and bang!!

You see what I'm getting at you cant point a finger at who's the most dangerous. It's all down to how we behave behind the wheel. It only takes a second to be distracted or be egged on by your passenger or even if you are tired.

So this is why i cant point a finger at who's the most dangerous.

jerry!!

a nice point jerry, it's about time someone put forward an unbias view :thumbsup:

i'm just suprised bmw/german car driver was not included in the poll, as they're usually the first 90% of this forum picks on :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links