Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4E-FE custom exhaust

cosev

Ok,my custom exhaust is ready and put n my car...My engine is a 90PS 4E-FE,DOHC,16 valve.I changed the rear silencer and the pipe from the point that presents that big angle before the end silencer.The new pipe has 45mm diameter..The sound is awesome,just like its performance..I can feel the engine more ''alive'' from the lower revs till the higher ones..Before the new exhaust it needed a lot of try to reach the limiter,but now it is really a piece of cake!!That fact got me thinking of whether a conical air filter is neede or not..A lot of mechanics persume that it is better to install an OEM replacement filter with the combination of a good exhaust..I think my engine is quite free-flow right now to accept a conical filter.It seems that these filters go better with a new ECU.What ever you do,don't buy the Blitz or HKS filter..Yes they perform well,but they filter ****.So,why destroy your engine?The best filter is the Apexi.It performs like Blitz or HKS but it filters PERFECTLY!!You can find out about it in the Internet..Anyway,has anybody of you any comments or experience with the TRD air filters??

• 1 month later...

Have to disagree with the comments about Blitz or HKS, as long as care is taken of the filter you should be fine....

Problems with aftermarket filters tend to come from people not taking care of the filter...

Back to the custom made exhaust. Who made your exhaust system. And how much did it set you back.

jerry!!

Back to the custom made exhaust. Who made your exhaust system. And how much did it set you back.

jerry!!

Jerry the best place i have found for custom exhausts have been powerflow but the quality of work seems to vary between dealers. I and most of the people i know have traveled up to top gear in doncaster to have ours done as they are very very good

Simon

Hi simon i have heard about powerflow exhausts. They are a good make. Comes with a life time warranty if you go for the stainless steel exhausts. Also there is a place called ASCAR in Sheffield. They are ment to be very good. They are a small family business and come highly recommend when it comes to custom made exhausts

jerry!!

• 4 months later...

Have to say that I've got a few mates that have used ASCAR

lets just say that quality control is a bit poor!!

The bracket on my mates back box snapped off at the weld within a week. He took it back to them, all they did was put the snapped weld back together and welded it again!!

Suffice to say it snapped again within hours :ffs:

Think it went in the metal skip at work :blink:

Nath i have heard the same a mate of mine keeps having to take his GT back as the exhaust keeps banging on the axle, think he's been back over 6 times now :blink:

simon

Hi everyone

Maybe i will think twice about going to ascar ah? :o

jerry!!

jerry!!

Jerry the best place i have found for custom exhausts have been powerflow but the quality of work seems to vary between dealers. I and most of the people i know have traveled up to top gear in doncaster to have ours done as they are very very good

Simon

Tell me about your powerflow exhaust. How good is it???

Forget looks and sound I want to know power gains!! Can you feel any difference? have any dyno readings b4 & after? Was thinking of getting one for my st202 but have heard some dodgy stories about them :wacko:

Sorry don't have any dyno figures for before and after but i could notice a definite increase in power. The turbo could spool up easier so the boost also increased too.

Simon

Hi simon

Well if the turbo is spinning up more easier and you notice the difference on the boost i'll say that you have got a power gain there mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links