Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mud Flaps Mounting?

aferiksson

Hi guys!

I've had my IQ3 for about two weeks now, and bought mud flaps for it. They didn't come with any kind of instruction, so I just wonder if you guys have any tips how to mount them as easy as possible?

Regards,

Anders (from Sweden)

5965913489_f517b7f58b_b.jpg

Toyota IQ IQ3 2010 by afeman, on Flickr

Never mind - I figured out how to fit them (at least I think so). Was not that easy, but it looks better with them :)

Will post a couple of pics in a presentation thread!

/Anders

Never mind - I figured out how to fit them (at least I think so). Was not that easy, but it looks better with them :)

Will post a couple of pics in a presentation thread!

/Anders

Too late now perhaps, but for fitting accessories refer to the Toyota AIMs (Accessory Installation Manuals)

Hopefully you fitted the flaps correctly!

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim.aspx?menuitem=1

Just do a search for the IQ and then scroll down to the item required.

Thanks, but those instructions were correct as far as press the things that were already connected to the rear bumper (I have no idea what they are called in either English or Swedish). Found no bolts that could be screwed anywhere.

I think I pretty much mounted the flaps as per the instruction anyway, since there really was no other way ... I had to "force" the top screw through the edge of the bumper, since there was no hole, but that should not matter as it is plastic.

Thanks, but those instructions were correct as far as press the things that were already connected to the rear bumper (I have no idea what they are called in either English or Swedish). Found no bolts that could be screwed anywhere.

I think I pretty much mounted the flaps as per the instruction anyway, since there really was no other way ... I had to "force" the top screw through the edge of the bumper, since there was no hole, but that should not matter as it is plastic.

Yes, it is so simple it would be hard to get it wrong.

Still didn't feel right to have to force the screws through the paint and plastic without a hole to guide, but wth - it worked, and it looks better with the mud flaps :)

Still didn't feel right to have to force the screws through the paint and plastic without a hole to guide, but wth - it worked, and it looks better with the mud flaps :)

I drilled a pilot hole for the self tapping screw, through the plastic, to make it easier once I knew that is where the screw had to go.

End result the same though.

I might be wrong, but I imagine the wind noise is louder at high speeds with the flaps mounted. Would that be my imagination only, or have any of you thought of that?

Post some pictures of the rear mud guards in here. I've been thinking about fitting some to my iQ3 recently.

Post some pictures of the rear mud guards in here. I've been thinking about fitting some to my iQ3 recently.

Posted them in another thread, but here they are:

5979880609_066ef97a02_b.jpg

Toyota IQ IQ3 2010 by afeman, on Flickr

Here are mine. I had to modify them a little as they do not normally fit when the rear skirt is also fitted. (for some strange reason known only to Mr T)

post-33806-0-68848300-1312370806_thumb.j

post-33806-0-71040900-1312370818_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links