Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pulling To Right When Braking At Low Speed

oldie68

Yaris 1.33, 10 months old, 6,200 miles.

I pulled up at a traffic light last night waiting to turn right. As I braked, at low speed, the steering wheel turned slightly to the right (30 degrees, maybe).

This morning I checked my tyre pressures : front left 30.5, front right 33.0. As it happened, both rear tyres were on 30.5. (ok, I admit, it's been 3 months since they were checked)

The front should be 33.0; was the diffference between them enough to account for the steering trying to go right?

There may be one additional factor, this was a right turn only lane, so every vehicle using it would turn right; I was also at the front of the lane.

EDIT: Having had a look on street view, I can see there's actually a drain on the right hand side just before the stop line.....the type about a foot square with a slotted cover....

Good call; I noticed a similar problem with mine when pulling up but eventually twigged it was only a certain junction that it always happened in. Turned out the tarmac has a huge but smooth and hard to see rut in it that was tram-lining the front left wheel!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links