Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Installation Kit Update

tarquin

Hi everyone

For those of you who have read my experience of having my Toyota purchased iPod kit installed at Toyota and the pitfalls of it being done by mechanic staff with no back-up of what in my opinion should be not only an auto technician/electrician, but a dedicated multi-media engineer.Also the dealership should have accessory items, i.e iPod/itouch/iphone available for testing the installation after install.You may recall after the lead was installed and the car offered to me for collection, i discovered audio only coming from the left side of the car which started a cat and mouse chase with them trying to say my iPhone was at fault and them searching to find one of their staff with an iPhone to test and compare.Having found a member of staff with one,he didn't have any music on it as he didn't know how to put it on, nor did he know "you could do that" He was 27yrs old and I am 57. I do have the advantage of being an electronics broadcast transmitter design engineer and not a sales person.I digress.The fault was found to be a faulty lead from the satnav unit to the iPod consul mounted socket, which I diagnosed for them by telling them what each individual pin on the cable did and that the red cable was not correctly crimped on manufacture.Two days later the car is offered back to me. A 10sec inspection reveals there is a gap between the rear of the satnav unit and the dashboard not only that a bunch of wires are present partially sitting on the dashboard.It has to be left with them for a further day to rectify.All in all, there has been 6 days in which I have not had use of my car due to incompetence of Toyota staff and poor procedures. This i fear applies to most dealerships.Everything done on a trial and error basis with the customer suffering and out of pocket.Had a Vauxall Astra at a company I worked for, It went in for 5 different sensor changes over a period of 3 weeks. total rubbish

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links