Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Test Drive Iq3

MrsG

Hi,

I've been trying to test drive the IQ3 but it seems dealers aren't interested. I've driven a base spec IQ at three different dealerships and been less than impressed, but I know of someone who has the IQ3 who says it's much better. Northampton even shoved me in a 1.3 Yaris trying to convince me it was exactly the same.

Does anyone know of a dealership anywhere near the midlands that has an IQ3 and are actually interested in making a sale?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Can you not just check for a used iQ3 for sale in your area at an Independent or Private & go for a roadtest.

If a Toyota dealer is not interested in supplying one you dont need them.

Get one from the likes of 'Broadspeed.com' it will be supplied by a dealer, you will just never have to deal with them.

I have my 2011 iq multidrive & my partners iq3 Multidrive sitting outside & i happen to prefer the iq,

i dont/cant drive manuals tho so dont know how they compare.

george

edit, i see several advertised private & @ dealers, 'Farmer & Carlisle Group' for example.

just down to how far you are prepared to travel.

that doesn't surprise me about northampton ,when i was looking at the urban cruiser diesel , they tried to get me to have a go in an auris diesel and then a petrol urban cruiser , they didn't understand that you need to try the whole package , not bits of it.

try going onto the toyota website for used cars , refine it to iq3 and see where they are, then get yourself a test drive in one.

i tried an iq2 at northampton(once again didn't have the one i wanted) , and got my iq3 from romford.

tony

I only tested the iQ3, one was a manual 6 speed from Currie Motors in Twickenham and a Multidrive from Inchcape in Guildford. I ended up buying the Multidrive from Inchcape. I really enjoy driving thr auto. It has enough power to get you out of trouble and cruises very well on the motorway if required. I have just come back from a camping trip in Cornwall with my son and carried everything required with the seats down and the clip on cover in place. It's a great car, but not as fuel efficient as Toyota claim. I wish they had brought the diesel version to the UK.

It's a great car, but not as fuel efficient as Toyota claim.

You have to remember the quoted fuel figures are done in test conditions and not real life conditions. This is why the figures vary so much.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'd love a diesel as I'd be making a big sacrifice on the fuel economy anyway. I have emailed Toyota and had a couple of useless replies, completely ignoring my specific request for the iq3 and sending me back to the 'book a test drive' site. So far, they're really not helping themselves!

Can anyone comment if the 6 speed gearbox is much improved over the 5 speed? I drove the auto a while back, but I'm coming from a semi-auto box (clutch pedal-less manual) and I'm not a fan of full auto boxes, particularly CVT. The 5 speed manual I tried at Northampton had clearly been destroyed by many test drives, but the Yaris gearchange/clutch travel was a pleasant surprise!

six speeds a nice slick peice of kit, no real vices , short throw , reverse next to 1st but has a collar to lift before you engage it so you cant get reverse instead of first (managed that on an A3 audi, very embarrasing).you very nearly have the feeling the gears would change without using the clutch.you can block change 6 to 4 , 5 to 3 or the other way with no problem, gear stick naturally sits in the 3rd to 4th plane when in neutral. typical toyota gearbox really.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links