Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eco Driving

WELLWELL

ECO DRIVING. 80 plus MPG? Is it possible? Yes.Is it easy? No. The best run so far 146 miles at 86.16mpg with a standard Aygo with 7,500 on the clock and 8O.10 with a new AYGO with 500 on the clock. Drive it as you would an electric car with a very limited Battery range, gentle on the gas peddle, turn off the engine at the lights or any stop situation and use as little of the brakes as possible.Think well ahead. It's good fun.

And as we are on the subject of ECO driving don't forget 80 mpg equates to only 90 grams CO2 per Km whereas even the latest lithium ion Battery car runs at 545 grams CO2 per KwH from the National Grid which for a Nissan Leaf comes out at 26KwH *545/130 = 109 grm CO2 per Km.

There's no way I could get even close to that in a city, but on a motorway it is doable if conditions are ideal!

we did 81.6 - pump to pump on our Aygo the first day we had it - Dealer to pump, fill up, 79 miles to Folkestone via A13/M25/M20, home again (76 miles) and into Tesco's to top up - worked out at 81.6mpg.... never had anywhere near it since mind you! :crybaby:

I managed over 30 mpg once.

Ditto

More fun than trying to get 80mpg ;)

What is this magic 30mpg you refer to?? :blink:

80mpg is surely the stuff of myth and legend? :P

:lol:

Ditto

More fun than trying to get 80mpg ;)

What is this magic 30mpg you refer to?? :blink:

80mpg is surely the stuff of myth and legend? :P

:lol:

:lol: isnt the 30 mpg the figure that the RAV boys aspire to?

As for the 80mpg - I think it's something that we manage to do once, and once only!

N&C - I'm up your way this weekend, visiting Cuz in North Walsham - I'll try not to have a heart attack on the way home this time though :thumbsup:

Never bothered to measure my Jeep's consumption. It used to show an instantaneous reading of 6mpg when accelerating with a cold engine. That was US gallons but still hardly what you'd call great...

The Prius is somewhat better, thankfully :)

we did 81.6 - pump to pump on our Aygo the first day we had it - Dealer to pump, fill up, 79 miles to Folkestone via A13/M25/M20, home again (76 miles) and into Tesco's to top up - worked out at 81.6mpg.... never had anywhere near it since mind you! :crybaby:

Yeah, paradoxically I think the more you get used to the car the harder it is to drive it economically! :lol:

It's amazing the difference having higher pressure tyres and staying behind lorries rather than overtaking all of them makes to the mpg tho'.

I never used to in my old car because overtaking a lorry was a huge undertaking due to my old Fiesta's pathetic engine, and I drove my ickle Yaris the same way for a while, but now that I'm used to it, I find abusing the available torque in me Yaris is difficult to resist! :crybaby::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links