Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Other drivers who dont say thanks

Steve

Don’t you hate it when you let someone out and they dont acknowledge you and say thanks by raising a hand or even a nod? I need an 9mm oozie LOL

Sometimes, but on balance I hate it more when they DO wave but take ages to get moving because they're waving instead of driving the car! ;)

I'd much rather the person I let out made progress and got moving than go out of their way to acknowledge/thank me...

My driving instructor told me off for waving thanks too once; Apparently a nod or smile was fine but anything that took your hands off the wheel unnecessarily was a definite no-no. ;)

Yeah, I hate it when you are courteous to another driver and they don't even looking in your direction to acknowledge you. Unfortunately, good manners is in short supply in the world we now live in...

Sad reflection on our world I'm afraid.

This annoys me massively.

I live out in the sticks so 9/10 cars you meet someone has to pull over or at least slow down and make room. Believe it or not I'm a very polite driver (initially lol) and always thank people, and is hugely boils my blood when people don’t acknowledge, or try and push forward to gain a couple of extra metres pas a pull in point, only for it then to take 5 times longer for both vehicles to navigate past.

Just today on the way to work I let some bell end in a black rav 4 out in front of me in cavesham. He looked me in the eye but didn’t thank me, then caused me to miss the lights...

What also surprises me is how rude lorry drivers are ... Near where I work I’ll usually give way to lorries that need extra space... they just saunder on “because they are bigger anyway” with no hint of acknowledgement of thanks.

This annoys me massively.

I live out in the sticks so 9/10 cars you meet someone has to pull over or at least slow down and make room. Believe it or not I'm a very polite driver (initially lol) and always thank people, and is hugely boils my blood when people don’t acknowledge, or try and push forward to gain a couple of extra metres pas a pull in point, only for it then to take 5 times longer for both vehicles to navigate past.

Just today on the way to work I let some bell end in a black rav 4 out in front of me in cavesham. He looked me in the eye but didn’t thank me, then caused me to miss the lights...

What also surprises me is how rude lorry drivers are ... Near where I work I’ll usually give way to lorries that need extra space... they just saunder on “because they are bigger anyway” with no hint of acknowledgement of thanks.

As per post 4. Lorry drivers don't have to say thanks, you wouldn't argue with them anyway, they're too big - and they know it!

My philosophy is to not expect thanks, then I get a pleasant surprise every now and then...

I agree with all the above points.

another thing that gets up my nose is when you let someone out of say a turning on your left, then a bit further up the road,they do not do the same when someone else waiting to join the traffic.

Do you just love it when a driver pulls out in front of you,when there is no one be hehind you,but they cant just wait that little bit longer,till you have passed, then they turn off at the next turning.

On the other side if someone has let me through I'd not want to make them regret it by letting loads of people out in front of me....

Another thing I hate is when I slow down (to a crawl) for horse riders and they just glare at me... Most are quite polite, but the occasional one is not..

I also hate the fact that their creatures !Removed! all over the road so it gets up in your wheel arches or if you are in a lower car up your front bumper/splitter or over you diff...- but that's a seperate rant.

One story did amuse me on the M3 forum.. one of the guys with the SMG cars (True Sequential Automated Manual gearbox, not a switched auto) has having a country lane blast... saw some horses and slowed right down to a crawl as you should... keeping it in a high gear to glide by as quietly as possible the ECU decided he needed to be in a lower gear, so it double declutched and downshifted with a massive blip of the throttle....

The horse didn't like it.

Around here, Nth Co. Dublin, it is usually the Lady drivers who sail by with their noses in the air. :shutit:

Likewise, if I flash oncomers to warn them about mobile Speed Camera Vans, they go by, stony faced & it doesn't seem to register. OK :yes: I know that it is illegal & carries a Euro500 fine :wacko:

Once, I didn't see the Patrol car behind a Van & flashed............He gave me a friendly wave :eek::lol:

Yep,all of the above I can take sympathy and agree with.I was never taught to be rude in any walk of life but some obviously were :crybaby:

I also encountered that Yes I hate that some drivers not really appreciate that kind of thing.

People tend to be in their own little world in their cars

Was watching Angela Griffins emergency on You tube the other day - and she was giving off about the amount of people who wouldn't move out of the way

of the emergency vehicles (at the time she was moaning - a Volvo rapid response estate).

Say what you like about emergency vehicles but they really do stand out when they have the blues and twos going, personally i also think they stand out a mile even with sirens and lights switched off. But clearly not enough for some people - too busy thinking of Jeremy Kyle or jordan or doing their hair lol :ffs: . But no worries - sure it just might be a member of your family that unknown to you they might be going to. But still its better to think of Jeremy Kyles latest rant at some chavs on his show :rolleyes:

Oddly enough back to our topic - i was watching an advanced driving video on you tube - and i notice that the police driver was actually trained to thank people for waiting for him (by giving them a wave) or letting him through. Do people actually expect the members of the emergency services to thank them - or like me do they think that allowing the emergency services to continue their journey with as little fuss as possible is a reasonable expectation and thus an acklodgement isn't neccessary - seeing as they have slight more pressing priorities at the time.

Red diesel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links