Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Test

Steve

If you had to take your driving test again do you think you would pass it? What bad habits have you picked up since you passed your test?

What bad habits have you picked up since you passed your test?

I let the wife drive... :argue:

:lol: Always the joker! Women can't drive... **runs and hides** :lol: ;)

KP

:lol: Always the joker! Women can't drive... **runs and hides** :lol: ;)

KP

And how are your lessons coming on then KP ? :thumbsup:

I wouldn't pass I am sure especially when the local ladies are out in the summer walking around town

It'd be borderline; I'd be picking up so many minors for not doing the 6-point checks and driving with one hand on the wheel, just going over the speed limit by 1 mph, using the air-con to slow the car down etc. :crybaby:

.......the wheel, just going over the speed limit by 1 mph, using the air-con to slow the car down etc. :crybaby:

Over the speed limit by 1mph !! Shame on you! At an indicated 31mph you are probably doing around 28... Perfectly acceptable.

How does using the aircon to slow the car down work then? i've never noticed that, even before my hybrids? And on the Aygo it makes no difference either...

And how are your lessons coming on then KP ? :thumbsup:

Very well actually, thanks :)

I have only managed to get two lessons but I have apparently knocked down 4-5 lessons work in the second due to the activity around the estate. So I was very pleased with that! :D

KP

No...

I passsed my test first time at 17...

Due to various errr "legalities" I had to retake it three years later.... and failed....

I was certainly a better driver when I took it for the second time.

I passed my driving test first time when i was 21 years of age after just 19 lessons :D

My niece is going to take a 5 day driving course.

I think its about 4 or 5 hours per day,some sort of fast track thing.

My son is paying for it. costing £850.

I already had a full motorcycle licence when i past my driving test in the army when doing nationel service.

Did it in a Bedford s type lorry, the tester were civilians from Minestry of Transport.

The tester i got was called Handbrake Harry, cos he kept his hand on the handbrake all through the tests.

only needed two lessons as got experiance driving vehicles around the RME workshops after doing repairs/sevicing on them.this was all many years ago.

where has the time gone?

Ok, so while the bragging is going on.....

I took, and passed my DSA test on my 17th birthday at 9am on a Monday!

I took, and passed first time, my IAM test 18 years ago

I taught, and they all passed firat time, my Wife and both my Sons.

I now train drivers up to the standard required for the IAM test, I have had 15 people in the last 2 years, all of whom have passed first time.

I am proud to say I have never been stopped by the police for any traffic offence and have never had any kind of speeding or other ticket.

I have only had one accident, that was when some 17 year old *****le crested the brow of a hill on my side of the road. I was in a Carina, he was in a Golf. I drove home from the Isle of Wight in the Carina, his Golf went to the big car park in the sky.

I am not really bragging, I am, I think rightly, proud of my driving record and have no intention of having any blemishes on my licence in 7 years time when I am 70.

Ok, so while the bragging is going on.....

I took, and passed my DSA test on my 17th birthday at 9am on a Monday!

I took, and passed first time, my IAM test 18 years ago

I taught, and they all passed firat time, my Wife and both my Sons.

I now train drivers up to the standard required for the IAM test, I have had 15 people in the last 2 years, all of whom have passed first time.

I am proud to say I have never been stopped by the police for any traffic offence and have never had any kind of speeding or other ticket.

I have only had one accident, that was when some 17 year old *****le crested the brow of a hill on my side of the road. I was in a Carina, he was in a Golf. I drove home from the Isle of Wight in the Carina, his Golf went to the big car park in the sky.

I am not really bragging, I am, I think rightly, proud of my driving record and have no intention of having any blemishes on my licence in 7 years time when I am 70.

Hi Jan&Tone.

Your entitled to brag with your great driving hisory.Anyone would be proud of that record.good on yer.

I already had a full motorcycle licence when i past my driving test in the army when doing nationel service.

Did it in a Bedford s type lorry, the tester were civilians from Minestry of Transport.

The tester i got was called Handbrake Harry, cos he kept his hand on the handbrake all through the tests.

only needed two lessons as got experiance driving vehicles around the RME workshops after doing repairs/sevicing on them.this was all many years ago.

where has the time gone?

[/quote

Should have sent her down to me mate. I would have done it for half the price my mate!:thumbsup:

I've heard of these courses before, provided you pass the test at the end of the week they're not bad value.

You may only get 4 hours tuition per day, but you are also a passenger in the car for the other 4 hours I believe. So you are learning from the other driver too.

Good luck to her :thumbsup:

Now that is a bad bad habit..... you fail :yes: ;) :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Heh! Heh! :rolleyes:

I never did a test :yahoo: I never had to :toast:

I applied for my licence when all one had to do was fill in the form & hand over the money :driving:

I applied for my licence when all one had to do was fill in the form & hand over the money :driving:

But that was for a Donkey and cart :lol:

If it had been an Ass & cart, you'd have been quids in for a job :thumbsup::lol:

I might have been dreaming - but didn't Jason Plato (the touring car racing driver) undergo a mock driving test (ie same as real test but it didn't matter if he passed or not) for an Auto Express article about a month ago.

He failed the test (or rather would have if it had been a real test), Actually as part of the article he also took the hazard preception test and was giving out that he was spotting hazards early but the computer wasn't recognising his clicks as he was too quick for the system. Still passed that section of it mind you.

Red diesel

If it had been an ***** & cart, you'd have been quids in for a job :thumbsup::lol:

I love the banter on here :lol: Quality :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links