Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fit A Reverseing Camera

maurice07

hi, can anyone tell me how to remove the plastic trim from around the inside of the tailgate on my auris 07 plate d4d 5 dr please, the reason being i need to route a wire from a camera near number plate lights to behind the reverseing light,any advice please. thnks

The trunk door consists of 4 plastic pieces. The top, the right/left and the big plastic tha covers the main compartment.

Top Piece

It is the plastic located under the center top tailight. You just pull it with your hands.

Right/Left

Here it is a bit tricky.

You have to remove the 2 plastic "things" that are holding the tray by the little ropes.

Those things are made by 2 pieces and they are "sandwiched" together. (You will probably need a knife or a screwdriver to seperate the two pieces)

Get the top part of them out.

After that you can pull the two pieces.

In my case they didn't seperate from the main piece at once.

Main Piece

First you remove the piece that is right behind the license plate. The one that has a fit for a screwdriver.

Then you have to remove the handle right next to the latch. You push in the four corners with a screwdriver and pull till you get it out.

Finally, all you have to do is pull the main cover. There are no screws, just plastic pins holding it to the trunk. Just be careful not to pull too hard and break any plastic.

Not that it breaks easily.

:thumbsup: I hope i helped you :thumbsup:

I will be able to upload photos by Friday if you want.

If more people want it, i can make a tutorial on how to install a rearview cam with a monitor. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The trunk door consists of 4 plastic pieces. The top, the right/left and the big plastic tha covers the main compartment.

Top Piece

It is the plastic located under the center top tailight. You just pull it with your hands.

Right/Left

Here it is a bit tricky.

You have to remove the 2 plastic "things" that are holding the tray by the little ropes.

Those things are made by 2 pieces and they are "sandwiched" together. (You will probably need a knife or a screwdriver to seperate the two pieces)

Get the top part of them out.

After that you can pull the two pieces.

In my case they didn't seperate from the main piece at once.

Main Piece

First you remove the piece that is right behind the license plate. The one that has a fit for a screwdriver.

Then you have to remove the handle right next to the latch. You push in the four corners with a screwdriver and pull till you get it out.

Finally, all you have to do is pull the main cover. There are no screws, just plastic pins holding it to the trunk. Just be careful not to pull too hard and break any plastic.

Not that it breaks easily.

:thumbsup: I hope i helped you :thumbsup:

I will be able to upload photos by Friday if you want.

If more people want it, i can make a tutorial on how to install a rearview cam with a monitor. ;)

hi takumi, apologies for late reply been out of country, great info will give it a go this w/end

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links